insurance on travel trailer?

it never occurred to me to insure my old travel trailer, but i financed about 50% of my new one, so of course the lender requires comp and collision. i'm going to pay it off in a few months and then i can cancel the insurance if i want, but do i want to? looks like it'll run about $400/yr for a trailer worth 16-18k. what do you guys do?

$400 a year seems pretty high for a travel trailer. I pay about $40 a year for my toy hauler (20' box) with State Farm. It's covered by the towing vehicles insurance while on the road so basically all your paying for is comprehensive/theft. Heck I don't pay a whole lot more than $400 for my motorhome and I carry maximum coverage on that. Shop for a new insurance co.

If you have a camping world near by, check them out, I have my TT insurance through the, I believe the actual company is GMAC,,, and pay around 60 a year for full coverage... then there is also the good sam insurance...

I think i pay around 175.00 a year and that covers replacement cost of darn near everything... awnings, fridge, you name it...

warrenties are great, but they end and often on TT's they end sooner than you realize...

this picks up where they leave off and offer a great peace of mind..

check them out,

http://www.campingworld.com/insurance/

Chem