Sign in to follow this  

WCTTR5 won't be at Morningstar. Time to pick a new spot, see Bryan's post above

Cal city. Wide open spaces and no uppity,where's my hookups, RV'rs.. Not menton the rarity of mud holes. :banghead:

To all the attendees from this year:

Hmmm,

Reasons why WCTTR may not be welcome at Morningstar:

Were your kids the unattended ones throwing rocks at the waterfowl in the lake?

Did your group run a construction type generator well AFTER quiet hours?

Did you play your stereo loud enough to be heard several campsites over?

Did your unattended dog chew through a neighbors tent?

Did you toss gasoline on the campfire for entertainment?

Did you do anything that WOULD make them want this group back?

I'm certain that most of the group was well behaved and had a great time, but all of the above reasons and more WERE directly attributable to WCTTR attendees. Maybe the campground staff didn't even notice all of this. Maybe they just read RV forums, and maybe they even stop in around TT once in a while. Disregard the rules and then badmouth them in a public forum and then EXPECT an engraved invitation to return next year - yeah that'll happen. There were other groups unrelated to WCTTR also in the general RV areas that were guilty of some of the same behavior, and some were noted and corrected by the staff of the campground. Frankly there were moments when I considered moving back out to the public staging areas to distance myself from the careless behavior that detracted from an otherwise enjoyable weekend.

The event was great and I hope that it contiues for many more years to come. The positives should outweigh the negatives, but much like some land access issues, it takes only one person to screw it up, and we had a few! The hard work put in by all who organized and executed the event is greatly appreciated. I hate to see your efforts tarnished by some of your own guests.

It's sad to think that a nice opportunity has been wasted by the careless actions of a small minority both in our sport and in this group. Best of luck with finding a suitable location for next year. :banghead:

A little info on Cal City please, where is it??

SoCal high desert. I haven't ridden down there in 20+ years, but it could be a good place for a big group.

To all the attendees from this year:

Hmmm,

All this stuff should be acceptable anyway . Lets not point fingers . It's not a perfect world and that is the bottom line . Morning Star was just too uptight for a group of dirt inspired motorcyclists. If I understand it correctly ,Morning Star had a bad attitude towards the WCTT thing in the first place. Cant wait to hear where the next "event" will be held. Good luck with the planning . Kids will be kids and dogs will be dogs. Let's not be as uptight as Morning Star. By the way I had no kids or dogs or generators or rocks or anything else at the event.

A little info on Cal City please, where is it??
Cal city is East of mojave about 15 or 20 minutes. It is NW of the junction of hwys 395 and 58. Wide open with access to major hills within a 50 mile loop.

All this stuff should be acceptable anyway . Lets not point fingers . It's not a perfect world and that is the bottom line . Morning Star was just too uptight for a group of dirt inspired motorcyclists. If I understand it correctly ,Morning Star had a bad attitude towards the WCTT thing in the first place. Cant wait to hear where the next "event" will be held. Good luck with the planning . Kids will be kids and dogs will be dogs. Let's not be as uptight as Morning Star. By the way I had no kids or dogs or generators or rocks or anything else at the event.

It's not a perfect world. No fingers pointed - just my firsthand observations while attending this year. To you that means unsubstaniated claims by an unknown person posted on the internet. Take it for what you want. I consider myself a "dirt inspired motorcyclist". I also hope to behave in a manner that allows me continued access to areas that I enjoy. I spoke to one of the staffers as he was quieting down some other campers playing a car stereo after 10 pm that was audible well beyond thier campsite. I also note that he spoke to another unrelated group about tossing gasoline on the campfire. I didn't see any singling out of TT members, I think quite the opposite. They tolerated quite a bit. Many of the non-riding patrons at the campground may not share your views on what is acceptable. As for all this stuff being acceptable - ???? You do realize that it is NOT mandatory that you camp there. It's your right to not patronize any business that you choose. They have rules like quiet hours that can certainly be reviewed prior to arrival and should you choose to not respect those rules - face consequences. Kids will be kids and dogs will be dogs - just be sure to step up when either one of yours causes damage to another person or their property - When you run your campground you can choose to cater to whatever type of customer you like.

Bob - thanks for the link - I'll stay out of the planning and attending if these behaviors are accepted at any future events.

All this stuff should be acceptable anyway .

NO...this stuff should NOT be acceptable. I'll assume by your screen name that you were born in 1984. That wouldn't be a shocker at all. It's NOT okay for your music to bother others. It's NOT okay for somebodys dog to chew a hole in somebodys tent. Your "right" to be an A$$ does not exceed somebody elses "right" to peace and privacy.

It means back to the drawing board. The ride will take on the character of the ride place we choose and the TT group who choose to make the event. It means without showers and a pretty lake most likely the family style event will revert to more of a hardier ride only group, sure bring mom and the kids if they ride but bringing aunt may or sis who dont ride well they may find a real dirt location kinda dirty and boring.

it means: who has good idea for a new location? and suitable event style or theme that attracts lots of TTers...........

it means back to the drawing board. :applause::banghead:

I did'nt take the time to make many of my own "first hand observations" . I spent just about every inch of my time riding. Again ,I did'nt catch alot of who was pissing who off. I'm sure ,and take your word ,that some folks and animals got on peoples nerves. I was a late addition to the event and could'nt camp at Morning Star because it was SOLD OUT. I slept down at the Sugar Pine stagging area. I think my point is Morning Star (from what I read here) never really seemed into hosting this event once it got big. I know that the rules were posted on this site months in advance . I just think that to expect 100% compliance is gonna break hearts every time. If the 5 or 7 things you mention are the only problems with the whole weekend then overall everything went really well. Moning Star sure made a buch of money. I think the staff of Thumper Talk did as much as they could to insure a controled and compliant group for the event . I think as the event grows ,so will the instances of one-off problems. It seems Morning Star just can't handle it. Sort of a bummer ,I know but if they don't want the money, screw them. I say Moonrocks. :banghead:

:banghead: Well it's unfortunate that Morningstar doesn't want us back, but don't dispare. There a quite a few beautiful camping spots in the Sierra's that also offer OHV trails.

Kybers, Lover's Leap, Strawberry, Bear Lake, Silver Lake, Arnold, Middle Creek, Stoneyford, Cow Mt.

Easy k2rider. I wish I was born in 1984. See I kinda imagined things like this . Guy ties up dog and goes on ride (what we were there for ). Guy comes back and sees his dog ate someones tent. Guy says damn ,sorry about that how much do I owe you. Was I wrong to assume that the tent was "taken care of "? Part two .Someone sees kids throwing rocks at fish,birds,trailers ,whatever. Someone say hey jr. knock it off ,kid/kids stop. Part three ,group has a few to many and does'nt realize the music is a little loud ,someone lets them know it is and it gets turned down. The way I read it ,there were a couple of instances where people were "let know" things were a little out of bounds. I did'nt read this thinking people were getting caught and then flipping everyone off as they continued to do whatever evil it was that they were doing. I think this event should head to an area that gets back to riding as the main reason for attending. Just my opinion.

Oh ,it was'nt my music ,dog ,kids but I know what you mean. 1984 was the year I got my first "new" dirt bike 1984 kx125. it was nothing but fun back then. I was'nt born in 84 but I'm not old enough to get pissed when someone roosts me either. :banghead:

I didn't come to condemn nor defend either side in this issue - just to say that continued behavior at this level by even one person can have the group looking for a new place EVERY year.

I cant figure out why the planners pick the most likely to be dusty month. How dusty was it? Did you guys get the baby powder hanging dust?

ground was perfect the last two years as we got good rains in april and may, even then Foresthill does not get talcum dusty till july.

I've camped at alot of places and have never been to a campground with such uptight hostes.Their rude grumpy little people with nothing better to do but complain.They couldent even leave the showers open an extra 5 minuts for that last person to get a shower that was their 10 minuts before the the closing time standing in line.I feal any complants made by the hostes are exaggerated X 10 I saw nothing of such.Throwing rocks at the ducks or all the other complants are nothing more than what happens weekly at any camp ground.If somebody draged that place through the mud on some RV web site or any other its not like they dident have it comming, I'm sure it will continue after where gone.With the attitude these people project you can bet plenty of people leave that place wondering how they stay in buisness.I'm Sorry but the TT group I saw was a very respectfull group of people and I've been around enough to know.Sorry for the rant.