Sign in to follow this  

Kenda Milville Rear Tyre

I have just replaced my stock ('05) Dunlop D908 130/90/18 with a Kenda Milville 110/100/18. I was actually after the 120/100/18 but the guy at the shop convinced me that these were more suited to the big bore bikes. Was he right? Will I notice any loss of traction? Will it be looser or tighter in the back end? :banghead: I'm hanging out to try it on the weekend but am hoping I can put my mind at ease till then. The tread pattern certainly looks the goods for the single track/ trail stuff I love.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. :applause:

Can't comment on the size, but let us know how it holds up... I noticed it's quite a bit cheaper than other tires!

I have tried Kenda tires on the rear, and on big-bore bikes (ala CRF525R) they wear out in four rides, every time. I havn't tried them on the smaller-bore, but I imagine they wouldn't last as long as a Maxxis or Dunlop.

Tell us how they hold up.

I've had a 110/100/19 Millville on my 02 and would recommend the tire. The Millville is a good intermediate tire that wears well and provides good traction in most soil conditions.

In ran a kenda millville for a while and all i can say is you get what you pay for. The knobbies on the tire especially the side ones seem to break really fast. That is the only thing i can say about the milville. It did provide good traction for me when all the knobs were still intact.

I switched to a 110 after stock wore out and personally feel it was an improvement for single track. I feel like it bites more on climbs and mud, also holds better in turns and powering out. Im a big feller it may have different characteristics to the skinny folks.:banghead: