Sign in to follow this  

Auto Clutch Question

I Have Installed A Auto Clutch In My 05 Ktm 450sx Ramon And Raced It Last Weekend For The First Time. I Killed The Bike 5 Times Through A 2 Hour Harescrambles. I Was Just Wondering What Would Cause It To Kill When It Is Not Suppose To. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

What type of clutch? Rekluse? Rev-Loc?

What was going on when the bike died? Suddenly whacking the throttle open? Braking?

I run a Rekluse in my 450X and the only time I have the bike die is when it's jetting related. The X is pretty sensitive to the low speed, so when it's off (weather, temp variation and such really affect it), if I go from a really sudden transition of off throttle to on the throttle, the bike will cough and die. Never have had it die from locking up the rear brake, though.

Saw the same thing on the old 426 with a Rev-Loc. Never was brake related, just jetting.

Turn your idle up a tad, make sure the engagement point is above the idle and mess with the low speed fuel screw.

Why Do You Type Every Word With A Capital Letter At The Beginning? (that's not easy!) :banghead::applause:

I Think It Was Throttle Related. I Have Increased The Idle But Haven't Ridden It Since. The Jetting Is Really Good So I Don't Think Thats Why. I Have The Rev Loc In It. I Will Play Around With It And See What Happens. I Went From Riding A 2 Stroke To A 4 Stroke With A Rev Loc In Less Then A Week. On A 2 Stroke The Throttle And Clutch Are Everything. Thanks For The Help.

I have used RevLoc's on two big bore KTM EXC four strokes, and can't recall a single instance where the engine ever stalled (even with low to moderate idle rpm). The fact that the SX has less "flywheel inertia" may be a contributing factor. :banghead: