Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know of a source for Honda style electrical connections?

I'm in need of connectors for wiring an off road race car.

I'd really like to find connectors similar to those you find on all Honda products. Small, waterproof (well, resistant), interlocking.

I need the connectors to have the little rubber gromments that the wires pass through, the metal ends need to grip both the wire and the insulation and I need an assortment of sizes - 1, 2, 3, 4 wire plugs.

I'm NOT looking for the standard plastic covered spade and bullet style plugs you find at the local auto parts place.

Does anyone know of a source that sells the same units Honda uses or something similar to the Honda units?

Thanks.

They're called Weathertight connectors. MSD has them in up to 6 pin configurations. Here's a link: http://www.msdignition.com/tool_10.htm

You might check with your local Radio Shack. They may have them also.

Close, but not what I'm after. I'm being very picky on these...

Think Honda connectors. White nylon, dual layer on anything over 3 pins.

Thanks, though. :banghead:

Dumpshack doesn't have anything even close.

Mouser & Digikey were the first two places I looked. More into circuit style electronics and such. They carry the generic molex connectors, but not the units I'm looking for.

Waytek Wire!!! THANK YOU!!!!! :applause:

Molex MX150L series will work great!

I like that it's an "MX" series. :banghead: - that and I don't have to order a batch of 100 pieces.

Once again, thanks to the TT community for coming through. I knew you guys would.

You can request a catalog from waytekwire, and just keep it in your shop, so even if a computer isn't near, you can give it a quick glance and see if they have what you need. Great company, I found out about them about a year and a half ago, and been using them ever since. I too like the fact that you don't have to buy a hundred or more of something, but they do give price breaks if you need a lot of something, but most hobbyists like myself only need a few parts at a time. Again, good luck with your project man.

www.trailtech.net and wwwBajadesigns.com

Nope, they use regular molex. Good try though.

Thanks.

I'll stick with the stuff from Waytec Wire.

I've had some issues with regular style molex plugs and such on the desert car I have now and like I said, I'm being very picky and specific about the plugs I want to use.

Honda has killer plugs (as do all the bike makers) and since they survive the off road world, I figure that a product as close as I can get to them will work in the race car. - notice I don't say survive... NOTHING survives in a desert race car too terribly long. :applause::banghead: