Sign in to follow this  

Gold Wing Air Bag Crash Test Video

Looks good and all in a head-on according to this one run, but what about the smart people who actually lay the bike down instead of hitting head-on? How would it affect you in those situations?

I still don't like it. :banghead:

yeah, who the hell crashes straight into a car? i would lay that sucker down in a half a second! in fact, i would rather install a rocket on the side that would push the bike over than the air bag.

How about jumping off the pegs?

Every old (keyword "old") rider I know has done a

Grasshopper off the pegs over a car once in their lives.

I like the idea of a rocket somewhere, though;

how about the sensor fires a rocket that blows up the moron in front of you?

I'll stick with dirt and water for my thrills...no streetbikes for 2BB.

Every old (keyword "old") rider I know has done a

Grasshopper off the pegs over a car once in their lives.

I like the idea of a rocket somewhere, though;

how about the sensor fires a rocket that blows up the moron in front of you?

I'll stick with dirt and water for my thrills...no streetbikes for 2BB.

I was headin' for a ditch that was 20 feet across that wasn't marked and i jumped off the pegs (into the ditch then the bike landed on me) does that still count? :banghead:

P.S. The video isn't working for me :applause:

I was skeptical at first, but it seems to get the job done. I wonder how fast the bike was moving in that test.

I'm going to say that Dummy was going at least 40-45 mph in that video. I would like to know the exact speed though.. Seems ridiculous to have an airbag on MC / but I guess in that one situation it would be beneficial.

You don't have to. Just move the airbag to under the seat! OH.....I'm getting visuals. That would be awesome! I wonder if you'd clear a semi or just go splat? :banghead:

According to that kind of wreck, looks like it would have helped. But what if it was a fan, or a big truck, a bus, a rig or anything else?

But hey, better then nothing I guess.

after thinking about it more i think the idea is good, but i think that it needs to be tested more. like year 's' i dont think you can make an awesome air bag for a bike over night....well it is honda though

yeah, who the hell crashes straight into a car? i would lay that sucker down in a half a second! in fact, i would rather install a rocket on the side that would push the bike over than the air bag.

Happens all the time. You don't always have time to react, especially with a 800 lb "bike". The only thing worse would be to have your bike trailer come up and finish you off from behind. I guess I don't see the point in riding a barge like that anyways. But then, I don't see the point in riding a historic relic (Harley) from the thirties either. :banghead:

I wonder what happens when it blows up by accident while your going 75mph on a mountain road?