Sign in to follow this  

Possible WCTTR at Jawbone - take 2

OK... all the posts yesterday were lost, so we should continue the thread about the posibility of sponsoring a fall WCTTR at Jawbone during Thanksgiving.

Before posting anything like "I have to work that weekend" or "how about Cal City?", consider a few things:

1) No ride will satisfy the needs/desires of everyone.

2) Any large ride will require some sacrifices and/or schedule changes from individuals.

3) The proposed ride satisfies many of the needs of a large scale gathering, but not all. Individuals will have to plan to provide any ammenities they desire that are not provided (i.e. showers)

4) The idea of dropping a hint of an alternative suggestion without significant follow through is counter productive. That is when a dozen or more people make only one or two posts suggesting a different place/time or complaining about the lack of ammenities, it only muddies the water.

5) If you would really like an alternative time/location, do some research and provide a significant post. Don't just poke and run.

OK.... let's take up where we left off yesterday!

Jimbo

The best anti comment I see is the large crowd. You have made it clear however that once you ride away from the camp area you loose the crowd, but what about TT idenity at such a place and time? when compared to having TT at say ridgecrest or johnson valley or some out of the ordinary desert location where we could have our own space our own idenity and place to build a WCTT future at. is there such a place in SoCal?

where is The Road less travelled place?

The best anti comment I see is the large crowd. You have made it clear that once you ride away from the camp area you loose the crowd, but what about TT idenity at sucha place and time when compared to having TT at say ridgecrest or johnson valley or some out of the ordinary desrt location where we could have our own space our own idenity and place to build a WCTT future at. is there such a place in SoCal?

The Road less travelled place?

The desert around Jawbone/Ridgecrest is so vast that there are not enough RVs/dirtbikes in all of CA to make it truly crowded. There are a lot of people at Jawbone (as well as the rest of the high desert), but the area is so large that it dilutes the density. It could easily be compared to WCTTR at MS. The campsite is dense, but as soon as you get on the trails, the crowds are not an issue.

Jimbo

There's a nice wide open area on the south side of twenty mule team!! Behind the prison!!NO BLM until you croos 20 MT!! The Dust Gamblers have their Poker Runs there! Here ar some pics also the dago run on the 22 of oct!

From here you can hit randsburg and boro smidts!!

fc661ecb.jpg

fb5a7691.jpg

fc661ecf.jpg

Pretty big poker runs there with no problems!!

fab79179.jpg

There's a nice wide open area on the south side of twenty mule team!! Behind the prison!!NO BLM until you croos 20 MT!! The Dust Gamblers have their Poker Runs there! Here ar some pics also the dago run on the 22 of oct!

From here you can hit randsburg and boro smidts!!

fc661ecb.jpg

fb5a7691.jpg

fc661ecf.jpg

Pretty big poker runs there with no problems!!

fab79179.jpg

Hey BigDesto, could you give me directions to that location?

I'd be comming north on the 14 from the San Fernando Valley. Looking at those pix it looks like a great place for me and my wife to ride!

Thanks in advance!

i think the weekend before or after memorial day weekend would be really great. alot more people could go from farther away because traffic won't be crazy on the way back.

:banghead::applause:🤣 Anything not to have to ride those boring nor cal trails!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I like the Jawbone idea, but I don't like it during Thanksgiving weekend. I think for most married guys, that would kill it. I can see it now...."Honey, would you mind calling your mom and tell here that we're not going to be there this year. Oh, and BTW, we'll be camping in the dirt with no toilets or showers. LOL 🤣🤣:busted:

That and there are too many crazies out there that weekend.

I could navigate thru the no showers and toilets for a family ride, but the Thaksgiving thing isn't going to fly. Around here at least.

Hey BigDesto, could you give me directions to that location?

I'd be comming north on the 14 from the San Fernando Valley. Looking at those pix it looks like a great place for me and my wife to ride!

Thanks in advance!

Alyx- take the 14 north thru mojave stay right on the 14 make a right @ Cal-city Blvd go thru town @ the end of Golf course make a left(twenty mule team) look for 140th and hang a right go in about less then a mile and hang a left on the road!! This road takes you on the back side of the prison. NO RANGERS OR BLM!!! All the pics are from behind the prison! @ night you can see the orange lights of the prison as a reference anywhere out there!! :banghead:

My money's on Cal City on the south side of 20 mule team road...

The ara is bigger and less crowded on the big holidays, so it would be easier to coordinate a large group of campers/trailers/tents. Also, the city of Cal City is close, and is very biker friendly. A ride over to Randsburg is always a good trip, and a ride to dove springs is possible.

The ara is bigger and less crowded on the big holidays, so it would be easier to coordinate a large group of campers/trailers/tents. Also, the city of Cal City is close, and is very biker friendly. A ride over to Randsburg is always a good trip, and a ride to dove springs is possible.

Those are where the pics where taken! The Dago poker run is next month on the 22nd

I would be in for any spot with or without amenties however if it is turkey day weekend I couldn't leave town until Fri. morning and bet that is the case for many people. Either way I'd love to go.

There are alot of familes that have been going out every year on Thanks Giving weekend. I actually head out wednesday night :banghead:

Alyx- take the 14 north thru mojave stay right on the 14 make a right @ Cal-city Blvd go thru town @ the end of Golf course make a left(twenty mule team) look for 140th and hang a right go in about less then a mile and hang a left on the road!! This road takes you on the back side of the prison. NO RANGERS OR BLM!!! All the pics are from behind the prison! @ night you can see the orange lights of the prison as a reference anywhere out there!! :banghead:

THANK YOU! :applause:

Jawbone is a great location, forest trails within riding distance, plenty of kiddy riding, washes, hills etc... This would be a great choice.

I'll see if the mrs's would be in, I am sure I can wrangle a few friends up for this too!

Just post the dates and location and I will try to be there with hopefully 12-15 other people! :banghead: