Sign in to follow this  

Pit bike Industry meeting in LA. Race class? Please help!

I just got back from an Pit bike Industry meeting in LA at Mini SX Magazine. Not everyone was there, But many of the big players were.

Topics included....

1) Organizing national races, and classes so riders will have a more clear idea of what to build and race etc...

The industry will know what cc bikes to produce in the future, aftermarket companies will have a more clear picture of what to offer etc...

Racers will be able to go from one race to the next and have there bikes set up for a specific class etc..

2) Cloning, (or attempts to clone) several aftermarket companies expressed concern over China factory's copying or attempting to copy products. Basically what came out of it is "Be honerable and if you go to China and develop a product, don't deliberately copy someone else's hard work"

It was a good meeting and I think will be helpful for the industry as a whole. But of course not everyone at the meeting accounts for the whole industry.

More meetings will be held in the future to discuss the points that were made.

You can help by voicing your opinion on what race classes you would like to see at events.

Please help!

I don't know all the people who attended the meeting but this is who I remember, sorry If i left you out...

BBR Motorsports

Reeg eng

Rc Motors

Pitster Pro

Xtreme

Sdg

Thumpstar

Sano systems

Sik 50's

Marazouchi

Big Mini's

Mini Sx Magazine

Please let us know your race class ideas, and spread the word, the more feedback the better.

Thank you.

www.pitsterpro.com

While I understand the perceived need for pit bike racing classes shouldn't we all just take a step back and remember that this is just for fun??? I personally was bummed that the AMA got involved with the MiniMoto Nationals and gave out #1 plates. What drew me into pit bikes was the whole bastard outlaw nature of the game. There are a zillion different ways to go race scooters on the serious end of things and the beautiful thing about the first MiniMoto National was that nobody took it seriously. Now they're trying to kill each other going for the big money!!

While I appreciate the great equipment available that's offered by the aftermarket--Lord knows I've spent enough making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so to speak, when it comes to my fiddy--the last thing I want is for this to get serious where we have national champions, etc. I don't even like that the local track where I race keeps year-end points!! I'm afraid that at least in my eyes all of this is going in the wrong direction. How does everyone else feel?

I think its ok because i have been racing motocross since i was like 6 and now my dad might stop because ive broken arms collarbones leg exc. So he thinks it would be safer for me to have a pitbike but i still want to race! So im heeling up from steel city and starting to race my 50

I like the idea of basic guidelines to keep the serious competitions compatible from one coast to the other. Nothing says you have to do a full on points race though, and I'm all for the thrown together random blitzs in classic mini mayhem style! : )

I just finished my first racing season, and watched it go from crazy random fun to everyone thinking this was MotoGP, f*&k all to win. Sucked the fun right out of it. If it's the same crew running things next year, I'm probably going to leave the slicks in the basement and learn dirt. So I see where you're coming from, but I don't think guidelines for classing will push mini racing over that edge.

Who says you cant still have your outlaw style 50 backyard bash fun.

But there are some of us who love the thrill of tight competition and going for the win and being fastest, its what drives us. To me personaly I was thrilled with the AMA involvement and hope that it gets bigger with larger national events being held more often. It shows the sport is growing and evolving into something more.