Sign in to follow this  

stupid question

how much oil goes into a kxf? it says 1.35 Liters, but what is that in CC's? haha i feel dumb.

whatever i just did it by converting liters to oz. i was just wanting to know how many cc's becuase of the measuring cup i was using. And Yeah, obviously I read the manual. I wasnt asking how to change it either, im not that lame.

it sais on the motor how much....start up ur bike, warm it up so the oil gets thins and drains easy...remove ur oil filter also so its considered "dry"...put exactly 1.50 liters of oil in it...

I thought it says 1.3 with filter removed...and 1.50 is only when its dry from the factory and the engine has absolutly no oil at all in it?? I have been doing 1.3-1.35 an no problems yet.

i never saw anywhere that it sais dry from factory....all it it sais 1.50 without filter.. "dry" i just drain it for a long time kick the starter over a few times with my hand and that helps spew extra oil outa the top end, ive been racing wit hthat much oil for ever and its fine..hahaha plus its not that much difference in oil so im not worried

if your not changing the filter, use 36oz of oil. start the bike, check the level, and then add accordingly. remember to drain BOTH plugs, and when your draining the 8mm plug, crank the kickstarter several times. And when you chekc the oil level, make sure you warm up the bike, take it off the stand, hold it level, and when you look through the glass it should be at the lower part of the line.

does warming up the bike make that much of a difference. i never do it when i change the oil and i have never had a problem.

does warming up the bike make that much of a difference. i never do it when i change the oil and i have never had a problem.

it does help. It thins the oil a bit so it drains better, also it gets all the debris and metal to settle at the bottom so it also drains out. Sometimes i forget to do it and its not a huge deal, but good to try and remember.

does those magnetic drain plug bolts work? or just a waste of money?

They will help a little. but the key is to run the bike for a minute just to get all the debris from out of the small tight spots where it likes to settle. The magnetic plugs help you see all the debris that collects, but they are not necessary. Its preference...I dont use one, i use the stock one and it works out fine. I also change my oil every 2 rides. For as cheap as oil is, and as easy as it is to change...theres no reason to have dirty oil in your bike.

if u have that much debris in ur oil that u can clearly see thats not good, oil should be dirty but not filled with debris....and for the magnetic drain bolt it cant hurt getting one since its like 14$...they are only usefull if u acually have metal shaving in ur oil so that if it catches some u can see that something is probably wrong

if u have that much debris in ur oil that u can clearly see thats not good, oil should be dirty but not filled with debris....and for the magnetic drain bolt it cant hurt getting one since its like 14$...they are only usefull if u acually have metal shaving in ur oil so that if it catches some u can see that something is probably wrong

any motor will have a little bit of debris...its perfectly normal. save the 14 bucks and buy a case of oil with that money. if you change your oil before it gets dirty, then you have nothing to worry about.