Sign in to follow this  

Anyone run race gas in there 50?

i would not think there would be any benefit to running race gas, Unless you have a high compresion engine. But i could be wrong.

I run it just because I got tired of bringing 4 different cans to the gas station with me. I just use what I use in my big bike. 3 gal Cam2 : 2 gal ultra 94

The only difference I have found is a little better throttle response but not much.

100 low lead-AVGAS. works great! :banghead:

AV gas is designed for super low temps, high altitute and runs great on low rpms...unless ur riding in 5ft of snow i doubt it will do any good, plus have changed there gas in the past few years it isnt as great as it was in the 80's when alota racers used it....i also talked to a pilot who races mx as well...he had bad reviews also

Not required unless you have high compression will run better on normal premium pump fuel. As for Av gas it changes your jetting as it's formulated for high altitude tried it in my road race 2 stroke and lost power.

Race gas does smell awesome though.

i run race gas, with the tb88 kit i believe the compression is around 13:1, and it was pinging on premium, and the racegas fixes that

what would you run if you had a takegawa R-stage 88? the guy who had it before was running 110 fuel and it ran fine, and then i put 91 pump gas in it and it seemed to run the same, i didnt notice anything really different, but what would you guys use with that motor

I've been using the same gas for my 50's as my MX bikes - 4 parts 92 unleaded 1 part Toluol = 98 . Been running it for about 3 years and it do make a diff. especially in the large bikes. I had a guy ride my 50 w/ this mix and he said he thought it had more pep.

I've been using the same gas for my 50's as my MX bikes - 4 parts 92 unleaded 1 part Toluol = 98 . Been running it for about 3 years and it do make a diff. especially in the large bikes. I had a guy ride my 50 w/ this mix and he said he thought it had more pep.

did this person ride the bike with 91 in it?? cause i have been told by people that know these little bikes and have a dyno... (i will try to get the proof) but they say that it doesn't do any HP gains on the 50 ... unless you have a higher compression!! it only makes it run hotter!! but take it for what that is worth with no evidence!! i will work on that soon!!

and keep inmind this is for the 50 not a big bike!! i know it does work better in the big bikes!!

Tdosh - Yes he runs 91 in his 50 and noticed the diff w/ the 98 mix. I do realize that you need higher compression to run higher oct. Do you happen to know the compression ratio for the 108's or 125's ? The bike he tried it in was a PitsterPro 125.

i believe that the pitster is at ... 9.6:1 all the motors will be diff cause of the build is diff!! so saying the 107 is this or the 125 is this wont work!!! and also his 50 will feel diff from yours... too many variables!! the only way to truly tell if it works better on ur bike is run both fuels in ur bike and take it to a dyno ... oh and don't forget to tune it for the change too!! and like i said im not saying what i said is 100% true... its just what i have been told from a source that is very creditable!!

Run the lowest octane you can without pinging/detonation and that will get you the highest HP possible.

Also note these motors need some heat to perform, going up on octane means you take longer to warm up. They also seem pretty good at avoiding detonation, I'm at 12.5:1 compression on my 70, and I'm still running lowtest.

I've run U4 and U2 and always noted a little extra power and throttle response all the way down to 40cc two strokes. They have more oxygen so can make better power. On low compression engines with other race fuels like C12 etc..., I either noticed no gains or maybe even a very slight loss.

One thing about race fuel is you always get the same stuff everytime. If you like to jet right up it's safer with race fuel because of that, instead of getting gas from the cheapest distributor the station could get ahold of.

This thread is 3 years old......:prof:

U4 isn't even being made anymore

^^Yep, someone is bored and has some serious free time. I'd be using that time to :bonk: