Sign in to follow this  

Check out my TTR150L

The bike looks awesome! It looks nice and tidy and resembles a true mini racer. I had an opportunity to do the yz80 conversion but passed because I thought the temptation to ride my little pitbike beyond its limits would be too tempting. Instead I opted for a Fast 50s set up. I still haven't done the big bore kit but that is coming. I want a kit bigger than a 150 but we'll see. Anyway, here's a pic and never mind the bent clutch lever....my buddies little brother couldn't handle the power (wink). :banghead:

minimoto.jpg

Yeah that's a powroll exhaust, with the oversized stainless header. I don't think they make them anymore. I took the supertrap silencer and welded on a crf 150 tip then put a custom reducer in it. It breaths plenty well now and isn't obnoxiously loud. I also did alot of head work, ported and matched everything, it has the bbr150 kit with cam, lightened flywheel, 230 carb, o and i put a cr125 coil on it wich seems to work great. I also fudged with the ingition pick up to bump up the timing a bit. The bike was an electric start modle but i swapped motors with my wifes bike since i didn't want the extra weight of the starter/battery. This bike can beat my dad's crf 150 with a 170 kit and cam! So don't think you need a CRF to go fast, this thing screams and is a heck of alot lighter and easier to flick around. These things are so fun, what should i do next? I'm running out of ideas......!

Yeah i did lace them up. Not too dificult just make sure you realize the rear spokes have two different styles. One laces through the inside of the hub the other the outside. The 90 degree bend is different in length. The forks i got off Ebay for around $300 they are off a 2001.

I was bidding on a pair of 98's yesterday. Guy beat me out at over $425 plus shipping. Glad I lost the auction I will keep looking. What did you use for "spacers" when mounting the triple clamp?

The stear tube i believe has two nuts. I can't remember if i used one off the stock TTR assembly or the YZ's any how i took one of the steer tube nuts and ground the threads out of it. It was exactly the right thickness....

for the mini tracks we ride its ok, i'm 180 lbs and like a soft setup to keep me low in turns and low to the ground over mini track jumps. When i do huck it over a big jump i just make sure to soak it up with my legs as much as possible. No broken hubs yet.... Here is a pic of a 50ft jump in Ocotillo. The tape measure is only 25' long so what you see us measuring is only half the distance.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b192/ryandahl/?action=view&current=Dez0036.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b192/ryandahl/?action=view&current=Dez0041.jpg

Wow, you did an incredible job on your TT-R!!! This is what makes this forum so great. Please keep us posted on how the frame holds up. Its amazing this dude can jump his TT-R that high, and dosnt shatter the frame. Also, dont believe everything you read on these forums. I read one that said the Honda 230 was 12 pounds lighter than the TT-R 230. Wrong..try 3 pounds!! Its fun sorting out the fact from fiction inthese posts, i read then research it myself. Thanks everybody for sharing all your pictures and information.

Thanks for the compliments. I love these things, and when i can't work on it i love to talk about it....so please feel free to ask anything ya want.

DUDE that ttr is sweet i had one and all i did is put an fmf pipe on it but i never new you could make a ttr look like this. THAT IS A SWEET BIKE!!

Just a mild steel mig welded home made one. Takes alot of time but no problems at all.

These TTR's are sick..I have more fun tricking this thing out that I do my HD or my 450. I love the wheels! What size are they? Also did you just use the same spokes? It has to be tricky to set it up right. You need to make sure the hub is centered in the wheel. Did you use one of those $100 spoke torque wrenches?

These TTR's are sick..I have more fun tricking this thing out that I do my HD or my 450. I love the wheels! What size are they? Also did you just use the same spokes? It has to be tricky to set it up right. You need to make sure the hub is centered in the wheel. Did you use one of those $100 spoke torque wrenches?

Rims are 19" and 16" from BBR. Yah i did use the stock spokes..... I just took my time and made sure each nipple had the same amount of spoke showing on the inside then gradually tightend while using a magic marker to true the wheels. I think the most important trick was to safety wire every spoke where they cross. This gives some more rigidity. The rims are now far from perfect, they have some major hops from rocks, but suprisingly the hubs are still crack free.

That seriously is a sick bike! Dude, you did an awesome job :applause: That's a sweet jump, too. Seeing bikes like yours makes me want to mod mine up. I haven't done much yet but I want to. Thanks for sharing :banghead: