Sign in to follow this  

250sxf Suspension settings? doesn't like bumps!

What suspension setting are you guys running on your 250sxf's (i had a crf250 last year that i didn't have to set up) the bike is awesome when the track is smooth but when the acceleration bumps get big the rear seems to hit the bumps rather than run over them smooth.

You should get a progressive rear spring, this helps a lot...the stock spring is a nonprogressive.

You should get a progressive rear spring, this helps a lot...the stock spring is a nonprogressive.

Also get the shock and fork sprung and valved for your weight and ability,I did and it makes a big deference :banghead:

Read your manuals, the suspension and owners and you will be able to dial it perfect without changing the springs or a revalve. The manuals will let you know if you are inthe target weight.

Coleman how much do you weigh. The stock spring is probley good for up to 180-185 any heavier and you might need a stiffer spring. Try this first, I went throught the same problem on a different ktm i had. set the shock rebound at 20 clicks out, set the low speed compression at 20 clicks out, very important part set the high speed compression (17 mm nut the low speed adjustment is in the middle of) at two full turns out from and the way in clockwise, go to the spot on the track where your having trouble and give it a try. if the rear still kicks or slams hard turn the high speed adjustment in a 1/4 turn, try a couple passes over the square edged bumps. if its not better keep adjusting a 1/4 in clockwise and testing. if you have to go to full hard (all the way in clockwise) you'll need to have the shock revalved for more high speed damping. good luck, lets no how you made out.

The stock setting is set up for 155-175lb rider. I'm 160 and have no complaints.

What suspension setting are you guys running on your 250sxf's (i had a crf250 last year that i didn't have to set up) the bike is awesome when the track is smooth but when the acceleration bumps get big the rear seems to hit the bumps rather than run over them smooth.

Without linkage you get a progressive spring and possible re-shim and or spring for weight. Make sure it's setup correctly.

Im only 120 pounds riding the 250sxf. i cant get the suspension to feel right in the rough stuff. I know it needs to be revalved/sprung but its prime riding season for me.

Im still working on setting it up right but it feelsl like im only taking baby steps.

Im only 120 pounds riding the 250sxf. i cant get the suspension to feel right in the rough stuff. I know it needs to be revalved/sprung but its prime riding season for me.

Im still working on setting it up right but it feelsl like im only taking baby steps.

You can play with the clickers all you want ,YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT SPRINGS FOR YOUR WEIGHT :banghead::applause:

I am 190 pounds and the suspension is perfect for me on the MX track. I have lowered the oil level in the fork per MXA recommendation.

Riding hare scrambles in the fast stuff it is still great but when you get into the rough tight stuff it is waaaaay too stiff.

Just depends what you are doing.

Unless you are a Pro MXer the springs and valving are way too stiff for you.

Good Luck

You can play with the clickers all you want ,YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT SPRINGS FOR YOUR WEIGHT :applause:🤣

I know, but its prime riding season right now where i live, im not giving up some riding to get the stuff reavalved/sprung right now. I only ride on a rough track 25% of the time, the rest of the time its on tighter SX style tracks where the stiff suspension is fine.

this winter when its to cold to ride i will be getting the suspension revalved/sprung.

The bike is just to good to not ride it right now

Ill just stop at mcdonalds and get a Big Mac, make it supersize on my way to the track next time, maybe ill weight enough then :banghead: