KTM Dual Sports - Advice Needed

Okay, I'm thinking about getting a KTM 4-stroke to Dual Sport since the Japanese bikes are impossible to with the MSO stating "Off Highway Use Only". Which is the best, the 450EXC or the 520EXC. Also, I live in Florida. Anyone had any trouble getting tags for a KTM? I was thinking the 450 because if I ever wanted to run a HS, I could run in the 250 class (is that true).

KTMtalk.com

Everything you ever wanted to know about the KTM is over there. If you're looking at the 520 , I think they stopped making that in 02. I have an 04 450 EXC. E-start, 6 speed, great suspension, It's not an XR, but it makes me smile in a different sorta way.

The 520 is gone in name only. It's now called a 525 but it's the same size as the old 520. I had an 01 520 tagged from the dealer in Springhill. I added Eline dual sport kit and that thing rocked. It was an excellent dual sport bike. I raced Enduros and HS on it also.

P1010002.jpg

Go for it. You can't go wrong with a KTM.

Another option would be to buy a 2006 Husqvarna.

Their 250, 450, 510 and 610's are all street legal in all 50 states!

I race the 510--its faster and out handles a 525 IMHO. Not trying to get in a pissing match--but you stated you are not satisfied with the jap bikes and want a plate---so its worth a look at the awesome new Husqvarnas.

Katoom, I have a 525sx, what have you done to it to make it street legal. I think I'm going to do this in the winter. How much did it cost for parts? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I think is WI I can get away from having to put on blinkers, but I need a front light, brake light, and mirror. Do you have a kick stand on your's?