Sign in to follow this  

DR 350 gearing

I haven't had the bike long, but i think the DR 350 is geared way too fast for trails and woods. This is a dirt only bike, not the dual sport version, i will not be riding on the road, at least not primarily. Right now it is stock 15/44 and i can't get out of first gear on the trails.

Anybody know what the best setup for this bike is? I am 6'2'' & 190#

15/47

15/50

14/47

14/50

i don't want to gear down to much.

thanks for your help. :banghead:

one more question. is it common for tall riders to lower their pegs? I feel like my knees are bent too much. almost like the bike is too small for me.

I had mine at 14/47 for a while and found it was too low. Try 15/47....14/44 would be the same and cheaper but I'm not sure if the stock chain would work with that setup

The dirt only comes stock with 14/44. I ran 13/44 for a while and then went to 14/48. I might want to come up a bit when its time a new chain. Like 14/47. It does me pretty good on the trails.

As for the foot pegs, I modified a set of the Fastways F3 with the removable cleats. They are slight lower and mucho wider. I got them to fit a KX100 and shaved the inserts down to fit in the stock peg mounts. They use the stock pins. They are twice as wide as the stock ones so those will be feet will appreciate them.

For taller seat foam try Guts Racing.

I have an 11/57 setup for more trails and trials events that I do with my '93 DR350 and its the best thing I could have ever done