Sign in to follow this  

24 Hour Marathon in British Columbia Oct.1-2

I know this Forum is for the Pacific Northwest, but we would like to invite some of you folks to come North of the border for a great event. I just wanted to get out there and let everyone know about the 24 Hour marathon that the Fraser Valley Dirt Riders Association is hosting in Hope B.C. on Oct. 1 & 2. It is only about 1 1/2 hours North of the border from the crossings at Interstate 5 Blaine or from Sumas.

Have you ever thought what it would be like to spend 24 hours riding your

dirt bike (or quad) on an off-road course, the sights, the sounds,

riding throughout the night, the festive atmosphere with team members, the

bonding and lifelong memories with friends.

After a 10 year absence, the Fraser Valley Dirt Riders have been hard at

work planning the return of the historic 24 hour marathon event at the

Tailings Pond in Hope for you, your family and your friends.

The 24 hour marathon is unlike any other event. Although it is an event, in

that participants ride as many laps as possible in a 24 hour period, you

ride as a team with two to six team members, unless you want to try to be an

ironman and ride the entire event alone. No limits on the number of bikes. One rider represents your team on

the course at any time. The atmosphere is more casual than most event,

because each team member only rides a portion of the event.

The 24 hour marathon will be a unique experience and one that will create

memories for participants that will last a lifetime. So get your team together (friends, and family) and register for this event as soon as possible. Entry is limited to only 100 teams. Teams can be made up of riders of all ages, rider experience/ability and gender. You make up your team and pick your course accordingly. Even mix motorcycles and quads on the same team (on the B course only).

For More info check out http://www.fvdra.com/index_files/24Hour2005.pdf for the event poster or go to the FVDRA Website at http://www.fvdra.com/

Hope to see you there.

Greg Hall Director FVDRA

SO....I have posted this in the ADV Rider forum as well and there is some interest in attending. My question is, what kind of terain are we going to encounter? If we head up we will probably be riding up there and I will be on my DRZ but there will be a guy on a KTM 640 Adventure and who knows who else might show up. So my question: will the B or C cource be tame enough for strong riders on bigger bikes? The 640 Adventure is 350-400 lbs...

Also, is this going to be staying in a fairly small area? or is this going to be a cross country enduro where we are covering 100s of miles of forest roads?

Thanks for letting us know about this!

Here is the info on Marathon courses.

The A course will be the longest (approx 25 kms) and is intended for expert level riders. All "dealer teams" will ride the A course. There is a separate class and trophy for dealership sponsored teams. We are suggesting that anyone who races in the PN series enter the A course. This will be typical Pacific Northwest type tight singletrack forest trails.

The B course is intended for the advanced recreational riders and will be geared to that level of difficulty. There are no difficult hills on B and it is about half as long as the A course.This course is still forest trails but they are more open and are wide enough for ATVs, allthough kind of tight for them, for bikes it should be a little more comfortable and enough room to pass in quite a few areas when needed.

The C course is intended as the beginner course and will be easy for all to ride.

We will review each entry and discuss the courses with each team when you register at the Marathon and get your final instructions.

As for you guys riding dualsport bikes, I think it will be possible providing you like to ride them on some rough trails rather than road all the time. At least you will have some good lights for the night time portion.

I hope to see you out there.