Sign in to follow this  

storm racing suspension link

i ordered the storm racing suspension link for my 04 yz250f and tested it out this weekend at the landing mx during the delmarva series race. it's a slightly longer dog bone that drops the front end a little (same results as offset triple clamps). the front end of the bike felt much more planted in corners and held the line better than stock. i felt like i didn't have to work as hard to keep my lines. overall i am pleased with the purchase. i need to get out during a practice day to really get things sorted out. if you have a 03 or 04 you should look into this if you are having problems getting the front end to plant in corners. the price was $145 shipped (a lot less than new triple clamps), it took them a while to ship them out, but it seems to be worth the wait.

Got a link? :banghead: I'm not familiar with those. Did a quick google but didn't find them? Thanks! :applause:

They got nice stuff I got there air screw it has numbers on it so it is eazier to see how much you turned it when adjusting it.

Thanks............. :banghead:

I just bought a used one from a fellow TT'er.............anxious to see what it does! :applause:

sweet, hope you got a good deal. i still haven't had a chance to ride since the race it did. i'm trying to get out there this weekend to find tune the suspension.

so after a full day of practice, i must say this is an awesome mod for any 03-04 yzf. the front end drops into ruts and stays with no problems. i let a buddy ride it that usually rides a 05 kx250 (2-stroke) and he said it feels a bit better than his kx. he also has an 03 yz250f, and will soon be getting the storm link.

Cool! :applause: I can't wait to ride mine.🤣 Where do you have your forks in the clamps? Any issues w/high speed stability? :banghead:

Thump 353

I've seen this suspension link featured in a magazine (I forget which one) a while back and just as on the Stormcycles website, they indicate that it is for the 450f. I realize that the 450 and 250-f's share parts, but why does it seem that it is not intended for the 250f? Is it because handling issues are normally a bigger concern with the 450f's? (not being as nimble as the 250f's). In the magazine, they indicated that the linkage gave the bike a more stink bugged feel which could mean it would be more difficult to lift the front wheel (throttle only power wheelies) but they didn't indicate whether or not this would induce head shake. Have you noticed any of these traits? I see you have gone with the 262 big bore kit so maybe power wheelies are not as much of a concern for you, but as far as raising the back of the bike, how does this differ from simply decreasing the race sag? Hope you don't mind these questions, but I've been wondering about this for a while now.

Will not raising the forks in the clamps achieve the same thing? How does the link affect rear wheel hook up and tracking? I wonder if it will fit on a WR?

i originally raised the forks in the triple trees, with the first line right at the top of the upper tree (the line thats about 1/8 inch below the fork cap). then i raised it up a little further, this gave the bike to much headshake for me in choppy terrain, so i lowered them back down to the first line. i then installed the storm link, it does sort of give it that stinkbug stance, but at the same track, in the same choppy terrain, no headshake. as for making it harder to lift the front end, i could see a little difference, but not that much. i have never really messed with the race sag. i set it up at the recommended 100mm and set my suspension up around that.

as for the rear wheel tracking, it seemed to be same as before. i never had any problems like that unless the track was super slick.