Another Engine Problem????

I was waiting for this day, but hoping it would never come. Well i wasnt revving my bike that hard. I was in third gear and i hit a jump. Right when I left the ground i heard a crack and i thought my chain broke. But i hit the ground going so i pulled off. I heard my engine ticking very bad. I rode to my truck and my friends dad was waiting there and he said it sounded like i threw a bearing in my bottom end. But i thought if it was a bearing it would lock up and not click. I hope its vavles but im not sure at all. any help would be great. and if it is valves like i think what are some good aftermarket ones and what else should i replace? springs?

Might be a broken bucket, it will run but make a clanking noise. If you continue to ride it you will destroy the cam lobes (if they are not already damaged) and risk the chance of breaking a valve. Pop the lid and you can see the buckets. This is pretty common issue. Good luck let us know what you find.

The term "bucket" is sorta of industry slang, the actual part is a "tappet". There is four of them on these bikes, one below eack cam lobe that sits over each valve stem/spring. The shim that you remove/replace to adjust your valve clearance is under the each tappet on top of the valve stem.

It sounds to me like you are not a mechanic. So do one of two things; take it in and have it looked at; or have a friend who is very good working on engines help YOU tear it a part until you find the problem. You will learn a lot by observing someone who knows what they are doing.

But, do not ride it until you are sure you have fixed the problem.

nah ur dead right. Im not a mechanic but i am competent enough to do some engine work. That is the only thing i have never done is a four stroke engine. Ive put many top ends on 2 strokes. Im only 17 but have been riding and racing for about 5 years and i have never had to take my bike to a shop but the zuk looks like it will be heading there. i drained the oil and no shavings or anything so thats good news.

Hey Jingle

If you have the manual (and if not you can do a search and download it) none of this is very hard, the main difference between the 4-stoke and the 2-stroke is the valve train the tolerances are very tight and some things really need a trained eye to see but you can always take just that part to a qualified shop, and remember just because they sell bike's doesn't mean their mechanics know what there doing, if you race I'm sure there's people at the track that can point you to somebody that knows what there talking about. So tear into it and tell us what you find, thats the only way to figure out the 4-stroke. Just my 2 cent's. :banghead: