Sign in to follow this  

'05 CRF450X Jetting

I just picked up the bike this week and have only 10 miles on it. I'm riding at 300 meters A.S.L., and the factory carb setup is lean enough that every time I decelerate the bike snaps and pops pretty bad.

I've just ordered, and should recieve within a week: JD jetting kit, Pro Circuit Ti-4 full system, twin air filter kit, and a quickshot accelerator pump. I've cut the top out of the air box, and moved the pink wire off the ECU.

My question is. Given that the bike is running really lean from the factory even before any mod.'s, where should I start with the jetting kit??!?!

Thanks for any help you can give!

JD will tell you that just cutting off the top doesn't cut it, on his 450X anyway, the seat fits too tight, his web site shows how to do the sides.(20 minute job.)

What worked for me was setting it up precisely how he recommends. E-mail him, he responds pretty darn fast. Mine was set-up with just the air box sides opened, pink wire mod (whatever that does), and stock exhaust. For that , they recommend middle clip, 1 and 1/8th out on the fuel screw, and it runs GREAT.

Now I'm about to do the TwinAir Powerflow, and he said to use a 170 main, so that's what I'll do.

Just tell him what you wrote here, and I'll bet he hits it right on the button. Good Luck ! Doug