when to check valves?

Okay ive had my bike alittle over a month. I buaght it from a guy who had 5 easy hours on the bike. Ive ridden every weekend at the track. When is it time to check my valves?

sorry for a stupid question. Just switched from a pinger to the thumper so im still learning

Both above posts are right on the money. The warning signs are easy to notice. However, If you are going to run this thing hard (race) and really rev this thing out as you have to do in racing, I suggest after every 2nd race. It does not take long and is very easy to do. Being proactive in the care of your valve train will make this bike very enjoyable.

Check,Check,Check it's easy to do and it will give you peace of mind, and don't be afraid to pull the the head every 15-20 hrs and check the valve springs they tend to sack out right around there if your racing. This will require a valve spring compressor but if you bought a 4-stroke your gonna have to buy one anyway...

check them every 15 hours..or 2 races (manual sais)...but doing it alot cant hurt at all..i checked mine just now..took about 5 mins, my intakes were off but the exhausts were perfect..this explains the hard starting for my bike...if u dont have a feeler guage u can pick up a set at sears for 5 bucks..

Get in the habit of checking it. There's nothing worse than having a good day riding, putting it away and the motor cools down. The next time you try and start it at the track the kick starter pushes through waaaay too easy. The valves are gone. It happens.

If you keep an eye on them and write the details down, you know when things are starting to move and can get ready to fix it before you ruin a riding day.

Better to find it on Monday and get it fixed rather than Saturday morning.