Sign in to follow this  

Top end Help!

I got my valves shimed 2 rides ago, now they are out of wack again. Whats the best thing to do to stop this from happening, i've heard a few things like an 05 top end, ti valves, kiblewhite valves, stiffer springs, seats..etc..etc..what has everyone done to their bikes which made it last the longest. (it's an 04)

Needs new valves, once the coating is gone on the Ti valves they go out of wack every ride. I just put stock ones in, now I am looking to fix the problem with the same solution as TexLaBo.

Get softer valve seats put in (copper berylium) Stops the valves driving into the stock seats that are too hard for them. You can use the stock valves. Had mine done and have not looked back. Valves have not moved since. Been about 9 months and I ride a couple of times a week.

Nice Eric! LOLOL But I explained in great detail, how it had this issue, and what I did about it.

I still think the valves I sold you, with the Suzuki around them, are fixed.

And in all seriousness to Kawy, I installed stainless steel valves, and the WMR conical springs, and got the WMR reconditioned head with the softer valve seats, and the oil groove machined into the intake cam journal. I think I had about 15 - 20 hours on it or so when I sold it to Eric, and he said only 1 exhaust valve had lost any clearance. The timing-chain side intake was still good, so I have to think it worked.

Eric, as for those fork seals, and the countershaft seal, I feel like a butt about that... it has to be because the bike sat for 10 months.

~Tex

'05 YZF

Needs new valves, once the coating is gone on the Ti valves they go out of wack every ride. I just put stock ones in, now I am looking to fix the problem with the same solution as TexLaBo.

lol, i just did the same thing, 05 yzf. Only problem is it turns like a yzf. :banghead:

Your valves are going out, if I were you I'd get them fixed before they are gone and do some other damage. I had Eric Gorr put in the KB SS valvetrain last year and they never moved.

Nice Eric! LOLOL But I explained in great detail, how it had this issue, and what I did about it.

I still think the valves I sold you, with the Suzuki around them, are fixed.

And in all seriousness to Kawy, I installed stainless steel valves, and the WMR conical springs, and got the WMR reconditioned head with the softer valve seats, and the oil groove machined into the intake cam journal. I think I had about 15 - 20 hours on it or so when I sold it to Eric, and he said only 1 exhaust valve had lost any clearance. The timing-chain side intake was still good, so I have to think it worked.

Eric, as for those fork seals, and the countershaft seal, I feel like a butt about that... it has to be because the bike sat for 10 months.

~Tex

'05 YZF

I was just messin.......I am glad you got all that stuff done....that is why I bought it. As for the forks.....I am working on them as well as the countershaft seal. Should be no big deal.

I wanted a Suzuki and yours was the best one out there. I'll just ride it and work things out as I go. I may love it or hate it......only time will tell.

Any news on the cartridges??