Sign in to follow this  

Fl. track updates

Hey, just got down here from michigan and will be here til may this time! Didn't make it last winter so i need some track updates if you guys and girls could help me out.

Been to before-

Bithlo- new owners? any major changes?

hardrock- only rode big track and trails, how are the other tracks?

thundercross- changes?

Pax trax- Heard it was longer now?

cully's- could be really good, but the jumps sucked and there was no water. now?

Air dania- smallish but pretty fun, still?

quicktrack-was there for very 1st practice and it had no flow, sounds like it is better now?

Bartow- short but what they had was fun, any longer now?

have not been to-

Dade-

Marion co.-

Gatorback- i know they are not open except races, is it worth racing?

Waldo- looks nice on web

Sunshine-

Bostwick-

Seminole- looks like this will be awesome, is the big track open?

MXtreme, merritt isl.- they talk big, is it open?

Sand Mtn.- looks fun on web

Croom- good after rain?

Ocala nat for.- sounds like good trails, we have great single track in Mich. but i'd like to give it a try

I am job hunting right now (landscaping/lawn maitenance) so i have time to ride during week, anyone else? would like to stick close to orlando though.

I am hope to make to hardrock sat for TT day to meet more of you, have met dono,brett before. Hope to see you there and thanks for any updates!

Bithlo- Very Fun Track! Same owners of Waldo.

cully's- They're website is gone so I'm not sure if they're even open anymore.

quicktrack-Pretty much the same as before. Fast flowing, not real technical.

Croom- good after rain? Agreed! Sandy as heck if it doesn't rain but it's always a good time.

Where are you staying?

You did notice the TT gathering thread coming up this weekend right?

That would be the best way to catch up, meet new TT members and get the lowdown on all the local tracks. :banghead:

Btw, I was at Hardrock this past weekend and had a blast on the Outback track. It looks like they are in the process of building another big mx track right now.

Gunner, (glad your back)

Dade- Haven't made it there yet but I heard you can only ride when racing is going on now

Marion co.- Nice long layout, hard pack and some technical (FTR MX#3 there)

Gatorback- Yes

Waldo- Yes its nice, Mt. Waldo used to 100' now only about 60'

Sunshine- Very small track, black sand and lots of riders

Bostwick- Nice layout, black sand and long

Seminole- Both tracks are great, well maintained and ran (let YZFan-Rob know if you go)

MXtreme, merritt isl.- B.S., never happened Brevard Cty. sucks

Sand Mtn.- Haven't made it hter yet, but I've heard its sort of technical and has a killer triple

Let me know and if I'm not doing an FTR event I'll meet you

Don :banghead:

Thanks for the reply's. I'm staying in orlando and want to make it to HR sat. I just have a landscape convention I paid good money to go to from thur-sat. and i want to make the most of that, but most of the good stuff is on thurs. and fri. so i might be over it by then!

Went to Bithlo today(mon) for first real ride on '05 crf450! fun stuff but a whole different world from the yz250f! The track was good and i was stoked that they at least groomed the jump faces which the old owners never did on "rough track" days. It really wasn't rough at all though. I never even went out back but the front is pretty mellow now but fun and safe.

Hope to you sat!

dade is open thursday night for practice and saturdays for races and school. sand mountain is good. they changed quick track and its worth checking out. bartow is a lot different than it used to be. may i ask why you get to come down here and ride all over the place?

My wife is a teacher and the job market sucks up in mich right now. Damn outsourcing! For general business that is. She went to college here in orlando so i spent some time down here with her then but the last winter in the snow full time. I'm ready for dirt all winter now!