Sign in to follow this  

Shirley Temple Ride, Foresthill 9/25

:banghead: Wow,

These guys can ride! They rode my tail off! We hardly ever stopped! It was great!

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3A8%3C8723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B%3B9%3D%3B4%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B346%3B79%3B2ot1lsi

Steve & Steve. Steve put a chain on his Suzuki in morning, before we headed out, in about 4 minutes. 🤣

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3A8%3C8723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B%3B9%3D%3B4%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B346%3B76%3B6ot1lsi

I think Jeff has the best looking bike of all. And it's a 2-stroke! :applause:

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3A8%3C8723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B%3B9%3D%3B4%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B346%3B7382ot1lsi

If Johnny couldn't ride so well, I'd have to make fun of those white legs! 🤣

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3A8%3C8723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B%3B9%3D%3B4%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B346%3B7389ot1lsi

I think you all know where this is! Can you say........Canyon of Doom.

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3A8%3C8723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B%3B9%3D%3B4%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B346%3B79%3C2ot1lsi

🤣🤣 Thanks guys. I had a great time! 🤣

:banghead: Yeah, We went the HARD way! :applause:

Hows it harder? Never noticed a difference.

:applause: Make sure you take NEW pictures. 🤣

I ain't believin' shit until I see proof! 🤣

I didn't know pics of the guys standing around the staging area would count. :banghead:

Canyon of doom? What, did you drive your trucks in?🤣

🤣 Come to think of it, we went clockwise. Down all those switchbacks. My arms were so pumped I had NO STRENTGH at all.

Oh, Zeke.........I got some bad news............I hit something...........I hit alot of things.................but I broke my pipe guard in half. Clean snap. Sorry!! :banghead:

My pipes still in good shape though! :applause:

:banghead: How do you fix carbon fiber? Mr. Welch said I can just lay new fiberclass on it. Any other suggestions? Can I buy fiberglass patch at Home Depot, or Craigens?

Well, got there at the staging parking lot right at 8am, saw superslyko and the rest of the gang parked and pulled along side. The first thing I did was go apologize for being so late, superslyko had his bike unloaded, DRESSED COMPLETELY, and was taking pictures and everyone was getting ready. I figured the meeting time must have been at 7am because of all the s*it talked about superslyko being late and all. I even told Steve (the guy that road up with me) as we loaded his bike this am, that chain sounds terrible and he said I have a brand new one here. I said bring it because I hear superslyko takes forever to get ready! Will he was waiting for steve to finish his 4 minute chain job. The ride was awesome! I have never done #6 before, my bike was be a "works" bike for that type of riding, loved ever minute. We did 40 miles by the time we made it back for lunch. Steve and I went out and did another 30 more miles, road to the Mexican Whorehouse, and I'm cooked. Has we were loading up there was these 4 "QUAD" riders spinning donuts in the parking lot making dust everywhere. I Findley stopped him and showed he dust cloud and he gave that blank stair, "sorry dude". QUAD riders are fastly getting the rep for the dumbest thing on 4-wheels, not all people qualify offcourse, they need to ride the trails, not the parking lot...

You can get the fiberglass resin, hardener and glass mat at Orchard supply. Be sure and grind the surface of the guard about three inches on either side of the crack full length of the crack. So the resin has something rough to bond to.

Tear the mat glass material into the length of the crack lengthwise and mix the resin and hardener per instructions in a disposable bowl. Apply the mixed resin to the glass strip on one side only. Stick the wet side to the guard with the crack and apply more of the liquid resin to the glass patch with a paint brush until it is transparent. Smooth this out the best you can and let harden.

Then after it has hardened 24hrs take a grinder and smooth it out to the desired shape and finish with some black paint then reinstall or give it to Zekedawg so he will take you on your secret ride. :banghead:

:banghead: Thanks Mr. Huge!

I'll fix it per your instructions and leave it unpainted. I love battle scars. :applause:

Zeke's secret spot doesn't exist. 🤣

Almost forgot; wear a good quality dust mask / respirator when your grinding the fiberglass, not good for the lungs... And mix the resin in a well ventilated area. The resin and hardener mixture should get warm to the touch when it starts to harden.

that is all,

HH

Almost forgot; wear a good quality dust mask / respirator when your grinding the fiberglass, not good for the lungs... And mix the resin in a well ventilated area. The resin and hardener mixture should get warm to the touch when it starts to harden.

that is all,

HH

.............. and don't wear a shirt while you're doing the grinding and sanding. Get all warmed up first, maybe play some basketball or something, then take your shirt off and grind away. :banghead:

Hey, I was just reading your comments on trail 6. I rode it today for the first time. We left around 10:30 am and rode it counterclockwise. Which way is considered harder? Looking forward to doing it again the other direction.

KTM 400EXC

:applause: Holy Shit!

They want $10 for a quart (smallest they had) of fiberglass resin and the fiberglass mat they had was 1/2 inch thick. :banghead:

Home Depot is not the way to go.

OSH next.

Scott,

Try TAP plastics for your fiberglass needs. There is one on Auburn Blvd near GoodTimes Kawasaki.

I think they may be more reasonable and they have a bit of experience with the products.

Superslyko(Shirley),

Thanks for organizing the ride. My first time at FH. Had a blast. That tree across the trail before the Mexican Whorehouse really sucked on the way back to SugarPine. Wasn't a graceful "clear" for me if you know what I mean. I think I injured one of my balls. Thank God I have three... 🤣

Steve/Steve and I got to the Staging area at 7:57 by my clock and Slyko was fully dressed and had the bike ready to go. He even rode some while we got ready. I thought this must be what the Twilight Zone must be like. :applause:

The Mexican Whorehouse was a bit of a let down. I thought it would be WAY worse. The rocks and huge roots coming up Codfish Point were worse IMO. After riding with Scott I understand why it is mostly a freeway now. That big animal takes the time to clear the trail of the REALLY big rocks with his toes so the rest of us have smooth sailing. :banghead:

The loop was fun and the views were amazing. Definatley want to go do it again.