Sign in to follow this  

Need to get more power out of a 06 Raptor 50 atv. Anyone help?

Anyone know how I could get some extra power out of an 06 Yamaha Raptor 50 ATV? I bought it for my 6 year old girl and this thing is gutless. Bad part is I let the dealer talk me into this since it was a 4 stroke. I had no idea it would be so gutless. I should have just bought a Chinese 2 stroker and had twice the power at less than half the price. I have been trying to see if there are any hop ups but have not found any. Anyone having the same bad luck as I am?

my uncle put a procircuit pipe on my cousins 80 that gave it a little more umph

That's due to the rev-limiter, I believe it's set for 4500 rpm's. You can do whatever you want to the motor, but top speed won't change.

It's been over a year since I paid any attenention to kids quads, maybe someone has come up with a solution?

Try one of these links, good luck.

www.miniatvs.com

www.bluetraxx.com

www.atvconnection.com

www.atvsource.com

I should have just bought a Chinese 2 stroker and had twice the power at less than half the price.

I believe in many states you can't get them stickered for public road use.

I bought one for my son (6 yrs at the time) - The only fix I could find was to sell it. Raptor80racing was getting a rev limiter made, but never got it done by the time I decided to sell... the single speed tranny will be the next issue if they get the rev limiter done.

Best of luck...