Sign in to follow this  

Where's the best dirt?

The thread the other day about different soils got me thinking. What track or part of the country has the best dirt for MX? Kind of like the debate over which state has the best powder snow for skiers. So who's got the best dirt and why?

I know my area isn't even close to being in the running...hard ass clay :banghead: .

Sothern CA.... if your appetite is for soft -we got it. You want it hard. We got that too. Not too much mud though... and summer can get pretty hot. but that's what the camel pack is for

A golf coarse , any where USA

Right on! :banghead: That YZ add a few years back with the guy rippen up the fairway was sweet! I think about doin that every time a play golf. :applause:

best dirt, I'd say mammoth ca. however, I played golf @ doral in coral gables Florida a while back and oh my. I wanted to tear the crap out of that course so bad I could taste it. Perfect jumps EVERYWHERE!!! A brand new terra flex and full gas tank, I could do about 18 rounds :banghead:

IMO Honey Lake MX track in Milford Ca has perfect MX dirt. I haven't ridden Mammoth yet, I've heard nothing but good though. Were form Bozeman live in NV now after adjusting to wet sand I love it too!

Well the stuff we got here south of chicago kinda blows when it is wet cause its slippery as sh**, and when it is dry its like a dust bowl. The grass is brown due to no rain all summer, so basically IMO stay away from here or make sure your in the lead not the rear!!!

Oh yeah, I tried that golf course thing, it was a blast but I don't think they liked it. I didn't rip the place up, just kinda cruised around.

love to ride some of those bigger, more popular tracks, but we have a few good ones around here. the two times i have been to rolla, mo this year, he has had it nicely prepped and the dirt was great. :banghead::applause: i can honestly say though, some of the best dirt days have been at a little practice track northeast of st. louis, by alton, il. www.motomaniamx.com the track is small and doesnt have a lot of jump, 3 or 4 safe tables with one monster uphill. but when he does a good job of prepping, the dirt is unreal. awesome place to pound some laps and get some great cornering practice in...🤣🤣

Is it just me or does Texas have really good dirt? Seems like every picture I see of a track in Texas the dirt looks awsome.

:banghead: Not ALL the tracks in TX have great dirt but CycleRanch is with out a dought one of the best. It is like running the bases on a base ball field. But it does stain very badly. IMO

raceway park over here in nj has some good sweet dirt, sand, loam and mulch

but i hear riding areas like beamount & reche canyon in So.Cal have awesome dirt in the winter after it rains..

Sothern CA.... if your appetite is for soft -we got it. You want it hard. We got that too. Not too much mud though... and summer can get pretty hot. but that's what the camel pack is for

NO MUD!? you have got to be kdding me. I go out and my wheel gets locked up from all the mud. haha. i love racing in so cal its so nice down there.