Sign in to follow this  

motor upgrades

I might have to tear down my motor/tranny since my '03 450r tranny seems to have gone south.

If I do have to split the cases (and all of the other fun work that goes along with that), what mods/upgrades/replacements would you do while "in there"?

Would you recommend putting in a 12.5:1 piston? SS valves?

Any thoughts?

The stock '04 and higher piston is a good improvement. I just switched to a JE on my '05 motor and I'd sell this stocker real cheap. As you can tell from the pic there was not alot of time on it. Send me a PM if interested.piston_top.jpg

new stock valves, new guides if they are loose check those exh. guides out ..........CP piston and a G2 camshaft..thats a good 54 hp with a PC low boy. crower

Why would anybody go through the time and expense of rebuilding their bike and put a USED piston back in from somebody elses bike?

Maybe cause you could get it really really cheap and if it had very few hours on it, why not??

That's my point. Why go cheap? If anything goes wrong after you are done rebuilding the first thing that you are going wonder about is that used part that you just put into your bike. Then you are going to be pissed at yourself for being cheap. I think buying all new parts is cheap insurance and piece of mind.

By the way, that piston looks like it has a lot more than a few hours on it as does the piston pin. A few hours would be 3 or 4.

That's my point. Why go cheap? If anything goes wrong after you are done rebuilding the first thing that you are going wonder about is that used part that you just put into your bike. Then you are going to be pissed at yourself for being cheap. I think buying all new parts is cheap insurance and piece of mind.

By the way, that piston looks like it has a lot more than a few hours on it as does the piston pin. A few hours would be 3 or 4.

Yea, since it's not your bike I'm sure you would have alot better clue as to how many hours is on my motor than me!

:applause: BTW, you shouldn't have left the carnival! :banghead:

Briansgi- maybe you should get a job with me at the carnival because you are so hard up for money you are desperately trying to sell a USED piston. :banghead:

BTW, If anybody is interested, I have some slighty used motor oil that I will sell for cheap. :applause:

Briansgi- maybe you should get a job with me at the carnival because you are so hard up for money you are desperately trying to sell a USED piston. :banghead:

BTW, If anybody is interested, I have some slighty used motor oil that I will sell for cheap. :lol:

Rubadubdub, please refer to my avatar!

:applause:

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT FIGHTING OVER THE INTERNET IS JUST LIKE PARTICIPATING IN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS... EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

dan

i got a moutain dew bottle thats empty. possible uses: dip spitter. sell it for really cheap like $1 plus shipping.