Sign in to follow this  

yz 125 stalling

dude STOP ******* POSTING YZ 125 STUFF IN THE TTR FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!🤣:applause:🤣:banghead:

dude STOP ******* POSTING YZ 125 STUFF IN THE TTR FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!🤣:applause:🤣:banghead:

Well, I don't have an issue with him asking; there aren't as many 2-stroke forums with the depth of Thumpertalk for 4-strokes. Plus; aside from the fact the YZ's clutch is a bit more developed its the same principal/design as the ones in the TTR's.

Too much pettiness in the forums as of late... I'd rather have someone ask this type of question than a lot of the "brand bashing/highest jumping/fastest speed" forays that seems to be occuring lately.

I had the same problem with my TT-R 225 recently. When I would stop with the bike still in gear and the clutch engaged, it would stall. It also did it at idle in neutral. Mine just needed a simple turn of the idle screw.

My daughter's CRF did this only while in gear. Turns out that we needed to adjust the clutch cable as the clutch wasn't fully engaging.

Simple things I know, but they worked for us. Hope this helps.

hmmm.. im suprized nobody here knew smokers DONT idle. you can turn up the idle screw to get them to idle, but i wouldn't worry about it.. i only ride with people who have smokers and none of them idle for more then 2-3 seconds. im usually not sitting around though

hmmm.. im suprized nobody here knew smokers DONT idle. you can turn up the idle screw to get them to idle, but i wouldn't worry about it.. i only ride with people who have smokers and none of them idle for more then 2-3 seconds. im usually not sitting around though

ALL my 2-strokes I have ever owned idled just fine; your friends must not have theirs dialed in on the low end very well.

For serious MX a lot of riders (including factory riders) set the idle screw so it won't idle. Helps with the low end and keeps it from loading up coming into a corner.

For recreation I prefer an idle so you can put on gloves etc without having to have someone blip it.

my ttr 125 did that when my clutch was junk.....but i dont think thats why it did it..but adjust it and it should work..better anyway

again.. nothing to do with the clutch.. like dlhamblin said you can tune them to idle but some prefer not to idle. i set mine to idle one time and whenever i was coming into a turn when i wasn't on the gas for 3-4 seconds, and i wasn't on the gas it would "load up" and come out of the turn with a bog. after a while you get fast enough just to down shift into a turn and, by down shifting youll keep the engine turning over. the only time i use the clutch is for shifting, and thats just a quick pluck. if your riding right you really dont need to have the clutch in long enough for the bike to die, just hit a gear down and get back on the gas

Well, I don't have an issue with him asking; there aren't as many 2-stroke forums with the depth of Thumpertalk for 4-strokes. Plus; aside from the fact the YZ's clutch is a bit more developed its the same principal/design as the ones in the TTR's.

Too much pettiness in the forums as of late... I'd rather have someone ask this type of question than a lot of the "brand bashing/highest jumping/fastest speed" forays that seems to be occuring lately.

There are sites out there. Search. :applause: . Yes something like this is better than the brand bashing/highest jumping/fastest speed but it still should not be here. It is meant for TTRs NOT Yzs. :banghead:

There are sites out there. Search. :applause: . Yes something like this is better than the brand bashing/highest jumping/fastest speed but it still should not be here. It is meant for TTRs NOT Yzs. :banghead:

I have; riders of the 4-strokes (both racing and trail type) here are lucky. The wealth of knowledge is great.

On the 2-stroke side the only comparable forum is the Dirt Rider Network ( http://dirtrider.net ) Some of the other 2-stroke forums are a waste of time.

At one point they were thinking of having a 2-stroke section here which I thought would be great. I'll have to email and ask what became of that.

A lot of us have both 2 and 4 strokes.

I have; riders of the 4-strokes (both racing and trail type) here are lucky. The wealth of knowledge is great.

On the 2-stroke side the only comparable forum is the Dirt Rider Network ( http://dirtrider.net ) Some of the other 2-stroke forums are a waste of time.

At one point they were thinking of having a 2-stroke section here which I thought would be great. I'll have to email and ask what became of that.

A lot of us have both 2 and 4 strokes.

I see your point. I also have a 2stroke and love it. I agree this forum would probably be awesome with a 2 stroke part in it. For now though its non existent.

Forgot to say.. This forum is already awesome.:banghead: