Sign in to follow this  

CRF 250 X vs CRF 230 suspension

I am looking at getting a more powerful bike, i currently have a crf230 and the suspension is shocking and the power is not quite there and i am wondering what the suspension and power is like on the CRF250X compared to the Crf230. Also is it worth getting a e-start i know that it handy on hills when you stall it but thats about all i can think of thats good about it. I am young and fit so i can kick over a R. But does the X feel bulky with the battery and starter, light etc. I dont do racing but i do like mid size jumps about 7-11 metres and flickablility is good. Well any help is great. thanks

:banghead:

The 250X is has close to twice the power of the 230 and much better suspension. Also, I'm pretty sure it's a couple pounds lighter. You should immediately notice the difference. It's no MX bike but it can handle some jumping.

-Mike

the 250x is muuch better than the 230 in suspension and power. however it actually can feele bulkier and heaveir because on the 230, the bike had a low center of gravity compared to the 250x which is taller and has a big radiator up top making it feel more top heavy. for what u do i think the 250r is much better suited. its very easy to start, VERY flickable and has better suspension, handleing, and power. the 250R would be my recomendation...however the crf250R is ALOT like a 2 stroke. dont get me wrong its still a 4 stroke with the torque and linear power, however it shifts through gears MUCH faster and sounds alot like 2 stroke and will need a bit more clutch work. but the power is there with a MUCH lighter feel and very flickable.