Sign in to follow this  

big rider small bike help please!

Hello my name is John and I am very new to the dirtbike scene and had a question. First off I would like to tell you about myself and my present situation. I am not that new to the off-road world, I have ridden quads for some number of yrs now, last being a Honda Trx450R. I just recently jumped to dirtbikes just to see how fun all my friends say they are, and now after buying one I believe them. I am 6'2 and I weigh 240lbs(with all my gear). I own an 05 crf250x, I know that it may be a small bike for my size but its my first ever dirtbike. I ride trails, some mx, and some street, but mostly trails. Getting to the point, I would like to know what I should do to my bikes suspension to benefit me. Thank you all for your input. If there is something I left out let me know and I will post right away.

Thank you for your reply, I have a couple of questions now. Where should I get my springs from and how heavy should I go?

Thanks again, John

I've been getting my springs from Cannon Racecraft for several years. Check out their ad at the top of these threads.

I would go with a 6.2 on the rear and .50's up frt.

doc