Sign in to follow this  

Geneseo Enduro

So did anyone race the Geneseo Enduro yesterday? How was the course? I pre-road it on Friday very dry, thought I'd ask how it turned out yesterday with the AM rain.

UW153,

W_W_1, Juuba, George and myself rode it, the first loop there was one section that was pretty greasy and with a lot of sideways logs took a few people and threw them down. The rest was pretty tacky and there was only one short section that was dusty. We had a blast - especially the second time around. Plenty of good trail with challenging sections.

Juuba got second overall by dropping 8 points but he was

"cherry picking" :applause: by riding open A but then again he didn't have any time keeping equipment at all - not even a watch.......

Taber won overall with 6 points dropped.

They had a pretty good turnout and gave out tons of prizes at the end I think just about everybody got something :banghead:

W_W_1 was admiring Ferdette's style as he was on the minute behind us .....

W_W_2

UW153,

W_W_1 was admiring Ferdette's style as he was on the minute behind us .....

W_W_2

Are you sure it was Ferdette's style??? :banghead::applause:

How was the creek crossing on the first section. They has a 1 foot wide bridge in it when we did it. Pretty scarry. I remember the loose logs I fell once in there. I really liked the hills of the second section, lots of fun stuff in there. Tight too. You guys really should have riddin on Friday it was a good time.

I Don't Bling

I just Ride

I don't bling

I just Fling !

You got a little mixed up there W_W_1

How was the creek crossing on the first section. They has a 1 foot wide bridge in it when we did it. Pretty scarry.

The only creek crossing I remember is where you went across a field then under the road / creek but they had a aluminum loading ramp going down it.

W_W_2

They must have taken it out then. It was a small but deep crossing right after all the hidden loose logs. It was in the first section about 5 minutes from the end. Yeah the ramp into the culvert before the end was interesting too.

Welcome to the MidwestEnduros.com web pages.

9/25/05:

The WFO gang put on what might possibly be the best enduro of the season so far. I didn't hear of anyone that didn't have fun and enjoy the event, well may the couple of guys that fell of the one bridge didn't have fun at that moment, but after that they had to have fun. A well arrowed course and great check placement made for a great event. And talk about huge trophies, this club went all out.

With a good dose of rain in the morning the first loop was greasy in some areas for the first riders, but the second loop was enduro heaven. Nice tight sections, open sections, and the hills of "Reese's" land had everyone smiling at the end of the day.

Tim "to fast" Taber took his Fun Mart Cycle Gas Gas 200 to the overall win by stomping on the rest of the competition. Tim wanted the traveling trophy and it showed, besting everyone on the first loop by at least a minute in each section and on the second loop beating everyone by a minute in the last section. One Jeff Fredette and myself were able to tie Tim in one section on the second loop.

Top 7 Overall

1st: Tim Taber 6

2nd: Joe Hardman 8 (Hi Point A, thanks to Tim's timekeeping)

3rd: Mark Davis 11

4th: Brian Neihaus 12

5th: Charlie Duetscher 12

6th: Ryan Moss 12

7th: Jared Parker 12 (250 A)

The results from the Geneseo enduro, the quote makes you think that having the ability to ride that fast has nothing to do with it. :banghead::applause:

W_W_2

Is that the trophy with the handgun on top of it? Kind of weird they had it behind the counter and the gun is pointing right at your face when standing there.