Sign in to follow this  

Severe weather warning in Sierra Foothills. GT Tuesday ride?

check this out, hell probably get too much rain would the close GT? Tuesday would work for me not wednesday . WE RIDE Oldedude? can any one take tuesday off?

BURNEY BASIN / EASTERN SHASTA COUNTY-CARQUINEZ STRAIT AND DELTA- CENTRAL SACRAMENTO VALLEY-CLEAR LAKE/SOUTHERN LAKE COUNTY-MOTHERLODE- MOUNTAINS SOUTHWESTERN SHASTA COUNTY TO NORTHERN LAKE COUNTY- NORTHEAST FOOTHILLS/SACRAMENTO VALLEY-NORTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY- NORTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY- SHASTA LAKE AREA / NORTHERN SHASTA COUNTY-SOUTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY- WEST SLOPE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA-WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY/LASSEN PARK- 345 AM PDT MON SEP 26 2005

...THUNDERSTORMS AND SHOWERS EXPECTED TODAY AND THIS EVENING...

A LOW PRESSURE AREA SPINNING OFF THE COAST OF CENTRAL CALIFORNIA IS DRAWING IN SOME SUB-TROPICAL MOISTURE FROM THE SOUTH AND STEERING IT NORTHWARD OVER INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL SLOWLY WORK ITS WAY NORTHWARD DURING THE MORNING...FIRST STARTING OVER THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY AND ADJACENT AREAS AND THEN MOVING NORTHWARD OVER THE SACRAMENTO VALLEY AND ADJACENT AREAS. BY THIS EVENING A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IS EXPECTED OVER THE NORTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY.

AT THIS TIME THE LOWER LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE ARE VERY DRY SO RAINFALL AMOUNTS HAVE BEEN VERY LIGHT. BUT AS THE LOWER ATMOSPHERE MOISTEN UP THIS MORNING IT WILL SET THE STAGE FOR SOME POTENTIAL VERY HEAVY RAINFALL.

THIS AFTERNOON THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO BECOME MORE NUMEROUS OVER THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY AND PARTS OF THE MOTHERLODE AND WESTERN SLOPES OF THE SIERRA NEVADA. SOME OF THESE STORMS WILL LIKELY PRODUCE INTENSE RAINFALL AND LOCALIZED FLOODING. THERE IS A CHANCE THAT SOME OF THE STRONGER STORMS THAT WILL PRODUCE INTENSE RAINFALL MAY WORK ITS WAY NORTHWARD INTO THE SACRAMENTO REGION LATER THIS AFTERNOON. ALTHOUGH THERE ARE CHANCES OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE NORTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY AND ADJACENT AREAS...THE INTENSITY OF RAINFALL IS NOT EXPECTED TO BE AS SEVERE AS THE STORMS OVER THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY TODAY.

MOTORISTS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO ENCOUNTER HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS AT TIMES TODAY. MOTORISTS SHOULD NEVER CROSS FLOODED ROADWAYS BUT INSTEAD REMEMBER THE PHRASE TURN AROUND DONT DROWN. THUNDERSTORMS WILL ALSO CONTAIN DANGEROUS CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING SO PERSONS OUTDOORS SHOULD TAKE SHELTER IF THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES.

NEW: More detailed local map tracking!

Rangers at GT heard about your report and are closing GT till the weekend, just in case of rain, that is the new policy this year.

Rangers at GT heard about your report and are closing GT till the weekend, just in case of rain, that is the new policy this year.

They better not close this weekend :applause: I'm making plans to ride GT this Saturday🤣

Where'd you get the rain report bob? Looks like it should be clear on weather.com :banghead:

found it as a link on weather .com and heard the news on the radio as i woke up this am, saw nasty clouds allready above placerville this am on the drive in

There were very light showers up our way last night. If it does rain more today, and it's enough to make a difference, I might be able to get away for GT or Elkins tomorrow. :banghead:

Save that for April 1st.

Ride on

Brewster

ok oldedude we'll watch the reports, that weather warning says possible big rain later today so yeah if GT get closed we can do some potting soil at EF

Right now GTW (Georgetown is 0.00). If you want to access a particular area such as this one put in CDEC ca in like google search engine. A California DWR website. click station information-click on cdec geo-atlas-click on map block 18-click block with pollock pines on it- oops too far south-click above map on north-click GTW to right of map-click on daily or PPt to graph it. when looking at "cans" see if they are satellite shot or not some automated stations collect the data and send to the satellite every 3 -4 hours. PM me if you need to walk through the process. hope this helps.

GT needs some rain anyway. I am sure that the dirt up there will just absorb any rainfall and make for better riding conditions anyway.

Just my 2cts .

Rich

yeah the rain is gone allready from folsom, that wasn't enough to water the flowers. Unless IT POURS for 2 hours later today/tonight, we'll be out of luck.

depends on rain this afternoon/ evening. Ill shoot you a pm by 8 pm is that ok ? no need to go unless it rains in my view

watching the skys and the 5 pm news, this is much to do about nothing. i think they got some good rain down by fresno by a radar map I saw, but GT and FH have nada.

I'm out NO GO. pray for rain. maybe next time.

Damn little rain up here, and it's almost 7:00. Wishful thinking I guess. Looks like I'll work tomorrow too. :banghead:

Folsom is raining again now at 7 pm and its black looking up in the hills but still I think its a spritz.

we may find we were wrong and a late night shower down pour soaks the places good, but i aint risking a day off when i can save it for a for sure good day soon.