Sign in to follow this  

How is everybody liking their 250sxf's

For those who have the bike how do you like it.I have seen the bike in the dealers but haven't seen one in action yet.I have a 04 crf250r and will probably be looking for a new bike in 08.

couldn't buy a better bike, I am 6'4 and I talk to 5'6 and above riders and they all love it so it does not matter how tall you are you'll love it to. I have 2 races on it and it hasen't messed up yet.

The bike is great just broke it in. I have the rear suspension dialed in already, next ride should have the front.

The bike is great just broke it in. I have the rear suspension dialed in already, next ride should have the front.
had the susp redone and am pretty disappointed with it. came off a honda that was sweet. probably going to sell it and back to 450. maybe its just me but i cant get used to the WP stuff, oh well.......live and you learn

you seem to be the only one complaining about it, there are lots of riders that have moved from red to orange and love the bike, what probs were u getting before and after revalves, what do you weigh

I love the bike, i couldnt ask it to do anything better really.

Im 120 pounds so the suspension is to stiff for me, but it feels just as good or better then any other bike i have ridden. Once i get it set up for my weight im sure ill love it even more

I love the bike, i couldnt ask it to do anything better really.

Im 120 pounds so the suspension is to stiff for me, but it feels just as good or better then any other bike i have ridden. Once i get it set up for my weight im sure ill love it even more

tons of headshake, really hard on the small chop and actually pretty scary to ride. and i really miss the 450s power even though its a bit heavier.

Who did you take your suspension to? Most local tuners don't know squat about WP. It's different than the jap stuff.

couldn't buy a better bike, I am 6'4 and I talk to 5'6 and above riders and they all love it so it does not matter how tall you are you'll love it to. I have 2 races on it and it hasen't messed up yet.

I was wondering this as I saw in the new TWMX that the KTM is like 1.5 inches lower seat height than the JAP Stuff. Also, for the guy wanting to get rid of it already, how much? I am getting one, just waiting for the next shipment.

I was wondering this as I saw in the new TWMX that the KTM is like 1.5 inches lower seat height than the JAP Stuff. Also, for the guy wanting to get rid of it already, how much? I am getting one, just waiting for the next shipment.

i dont know if its that much lower. I also have a 2002 yz250f and my ktm is the same height. i dont know if its just the year or what

tons of headshake, really hard on the small chop and actually pretty scary to ride. and i really miss the 450s power even though its a bit heavier.

did you turn the stearing stem thing around?

I just found that through the rougher stuff i just need to lean back and keep the front wheel light but thats how i like to ride anyway.

Who did you take your suspension to? Most local tuners don't know squat about WP. It's different than the jap stuff.
langston racing, supposedly they have ties with factory ktm. i think with a little time i could probably get it to work good. they said they would send their guy out to the track with me which is way cool but the track they go to doesnt have the same type of terrain that i am having problems on. I am not sure what to sell it for. cost 7100 plus 2000 in mods and has 10 hrs. pro- circuit pipe, hr meter, progressive spring w/new bladder, sub- tanks , twin wall bars.

Off road experience has been perfect.

The bike can hold up to the severe punishment of the tough north east woods.

Revalve is perfect

JD jetting kit with leak jet

18 inch rear

50 tooth rear

70+ hours of nothing but hare scrambles and has not fadded in any area from suspention to power.

Just a side note for folks having trouble with suspention settings for off road.

You can take the forks and shock off a 2004 450exc and they will mount up and work great on this bike. You have got to love the interchangble parts of KTM

I love this new bike. i'm surprised people cant get the suspension working. i ride with a group of guys and they all ride jap bikes mostly hondas and yamahas. we trade back and forth all the time and none of them has yet to complain about the suspension. i ride mostly moto and this is one nice ride. bike doesnt stand up in turns like the older ktm's and is super stable. Brake's are the best around on any bike. quality is second none and so easy to work on. I did put on a softer seat the stock one sucks. If your bike is scary to ride dunn2500 there must be a really bad problem with it. i was beating the pissss out of mine sunday on a choppy squared edged track all day any never once did it swap or headshake. i'm 165lbs on stock suspension and have no problems. i should also point out i've owned ktm's before and can set them up to my liking quickly. back to back riding other bikes on sunday i cant says once that i would have traded this bike for anything else. going to ride southwick this coming sunday cant wait to try it there.......

langston racing, supposedly they have ties with factory ktm. i think with a little time i could probably get it to work good. they said they would send their guy out to the track with me which is way cool but the track they go to doesnt have the same type of terrain that i am having problems on. I am not sure what to sell it for. cost 7100 plus 2000 in mods and has 10 hrs. pro- circuit pipe, hr meter, progressive spring w/new bladder, sub- tanks , twin wall bars.

Ahhh, didn't realize you were out west where the bikes are selling for much more than in the east. My local dealer had one on the floor for several months and finally had to sell it on ebay. Guess I will wait.

And, didn't KTM do away with the progressive type spring? If you went back to it, maybe that is why it isn't working for you. I have no doubt that the Langstons know what they are doing, but I thought I would ask.

I think if the sag isn't set pretty close for you weight on KTM's the have some headshake. That was my case at least. Before I set the sag I was getting HORRIBLE headshake. Now after a front suspension re-valve and setting of the sag in the rear. All gone. Then again this was for a completely different bike than the 250sxf. Just my 2 cents

I replaced my mid '80's XR250 with a 2003 250 exc 4 stroke and have been very happy. I ride mostly woods trails.

langston racing, supposedly they have ties with factory ktm. i think with a little time i could probably get it to work good. they said they would send their guy out to the track with me which is way cool but the track they go to doesnt have the same type of terrain that i am having problems on.

Hmm. As brock said, maybe staying with the straight rate spring would be the way to go and definitely get the sag right. Also, have you tried switching the offset to 18mm? On my 450 it was very twichy stock, but with stiffer springs and an 18mm offset its more like an oil tanker that turns inside anything in terms of stability.

I believe the sxf offset comes at 18mm, but everyone is flipping it to 20mm...correct me if i'm wrong.