Sign in to follow this  

Renting an RV....

I was thinking about renting an RV for an upcoming riding trip. Has anyone ever rented an RV? It would only be for a weekend...3 nights. Is it worth it? We would probably try to sleep as many as possible so we could all split it. Any help on this would be appreciated.

call a few places and ask them.

1-800-rv-4 rent I Think

It might not be a bad idea to ask them if there are hitches on the back as well. You'll need one for the bikes. I know rental car places don't put hitches on their vehicles.

I've looked into it many times for NASCAR and kids soccer tournaments but always ended up in hotels.

However, I have a 23' Weekend Warrior toy hauler rented for the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's about $150 per day but I get to pick it up at 2 PM the day before my rental date and turn it in by 11 am the day after so I really have it (4) nights and 4 1/2 days.

I used a place in Vista, CA.

Pretty pricey :banghead:

Looked into a rental for the Thanksgiving weekened. Planned on heading out to Dumont Dunes with some friends. 5 days and four nights was over $750 not including mileage.

Had to pass...just not worth it for us.

Pretty pricey :banghead:

Looked into a rental for the Thanksgiving weekened. Planned on heading out to Dumont Dunes with some friends. 5 days and four nights was over $750 not including mileage.

Had to pass...just not worth it for us.

ya...but they jack the prices up on holliday weekends.

Yeah, if you have a vehicle to pull it, the toy box route is definitely cheaper. I don't have to pay for my mileage and I don't have to wash the exterior or do any of the dumping/flushing work either. That is all included in the price!!

I've looked into it many times for NASCAR and kids soccer tournaments but always ended up in hotels.

However, I have a 23' Weekend Warrior toy hauler rented for the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's about $150 per day but I get to pick it up at 2 PM the day before my rental date and turn it in by 11 am the day after so I really have it (4) nights and 4 1/2 days.

I used a place in Vista, CA.

over in ridgecrest you can rent a 23' trailer not toyhauler for 40 $ a day with a three day min.its not a toyhauler but its new and thats ALOT cheaper.

over in ridgecrest you can rent a 23' trailer not toyhauler for 40 $ a day with a three day min.its not a toyhauler but its new and thats ALOT cheaper.

i looked again just to be sure and its actually a 24' and they will deliver and set it up.if your ever going up this direction they might not be a bad option for you.

Man you guys have it good. When I checked over here all I could find was a 30+rv for like $800 a weekend. It made me so mad, I bought a used one.

ScOtTyBoYmX, I am from SoCali as well and have looked into renting motorhomes on several occasions, and found that pretty much all rentals are about $175 a night ( one place will be a little cheaper, but won't include dump fee, or charges more per mile or for generator usage, etc.), and most companies have a 2-3 night minimum. Toy haulers are deffinitely cheaper, or if you don't mind being cramped, rent a tent trailer. They are pretty cheap, you don't pay for milage, and they are a lot lighter to tow than a trailer. But, they deffinitely don't make a fasion statement either...

or if you don't mind being cramped, rent a tent trailer. They are pretty cheap, you don't pay for milage, and they are a lot lighter to tow than a trailer. But, they deffinitely don't make a fasion statement either...

:banghead: cmon spit it out.

ScOtTyBoYmX, I am from SoCali as well and have looked into renting motorhomes on several occasions, and found that pretty much all rentals are about $175 a night ( one place will be a little cheaper, but won't include dump fee, or charges more per mile or for generator usage, etc.), and most companies have a 2-3 night minimum. Toy haulers are deffinitely cheaper, or if you don't mind being cramped, rent a tent trailer. They are pretty cheap, you don't pay for milage, and they are a lot lighter to tow than a trailer. But, they deffinitely don't make a fasion statement either...

ya those tent trailers look lame...but they are practical as hell...and way better than a tent. i may take the hit and look in to renting one. my friends can make fun, but i'll be laughing when their zipper gets stuck and i have to cut there tent open to let them out in the morning.

Do you have a name and number for the ridgecrest trailer rental. Sounds like a good deal. Steve

clarks rv

Do you have a name and number for the ridgecrest trailer rental. Sounds like a good deal. Steve

let me know if you cant find the #

ya those tent trailers look lame...but they are practical as hell...and way better than a tent.

Mine doesn't look lame, I have the Qwest Baja from Jayco...I don't know how to post a pic here...