Sign in to follow this  

'06 problem. . .

I can't seem to keep the front wheel on the ground during starts! Man, with my engine mods and the fresh 756 on the rear on a loamie track, it's darn near impossible! I gotta sit way up front, legs in front of the pegs, and feather that baby! I guess it's a good thing. . . ! :banghead:

With your mods, you may want to try the stock gearing. Especially on a loamy track. The 50 is probably the best setup for tight woods or technical mx. Also, those holeshot devices help a bit.

I have an '06 w/the TA Powerflow Kit, Boyesen Quick Shot & 49 Tooth rear. I also have JD jet kit, but I don't think I need it. The one thing I really notice about the '06 vs. the '04 is that it is much stronger & crisper, especially in the low -to - mid. (BTW, my '04 only had 60 VetB hours on it, so it wasn't roached) I'm thinking that I'm going to go back to the stock 48T myself. I'm racing at a sand track in a couple weeeks and I'm trying to get it dialed.

Great bike so far!

swap to a X cam.that will fix it.

Uh, okay. . . :banghead: As for gearing, tried the 48, too high. We have a tight, technical SX style outdoor layout. The 48 is better for wide open outdoors.

What gear are you starting in? If you're using 2nd, try 3rd. It should pull you w/ a 50T. Also, maybe try the 49T rear as a compromise.

If that doesn't work, try a SDG or CEET Step seat.

Good luck!

Definately need to install a starting device on your fork. Also, I would try running the rear wheel back in the swingarm. Maybe offsetting the sag to compensate for moving the wheel back would still let the bike turn sharply.

Why do all those mods to your motor ???

If you cant ride , all the hp in the world does no good .

Stock suspension ?? If so . Thats were you need to spend your $$

just my 2 cents , not worth 2 cents sometimes :banghead:

I was just discussing with a friend something I saw or read lately (don't recall which). Basically, the pro's (alledgedly) launch on the limiter in 3rd while modulating the power with the clutch. Pretty cool when you have a Gosselar to replace your clutch/valves/top end every race. In '03, Fonseca TWMX quotes him as saying he launched his 2-stroke in 2nd at WOT modulating with the clutch.

Throttle pinned, balls on the tank, working the clutch, let your eyes bleed.

Why do all those mods to your motor ???

If you cant ride , all the hp in the world does no good .

Stock suspension ?? If so . Thats were you need to spend your $$

just my 2 cents , not worth 2 cents sometimes :applause:

I CAN'T ride, that's why I like modding my bike. Plus my bike's NOT at MB1 right now. . . Didn't ride the big Labor Day race. Was waiting for my '06. Were you there, hawaii? Oh yeah, startind devices DON'T work on cement. . . :banghead:

I don't think he's complaining. Pretty sure he's bragging. If it gets to be too much, I'll take the cam off your hands, Kendall. :banghead:

Yes, my underlying sarcasm is wrought with bragging. . . :applause: Won't give up the 187, but I still got that Stage 1. Maybe you can dual cam your CRF. . . 🤣

How does the low end response compare to your old set up with the stage 1 and big bore kit another tter put in the 187 over his stage 1 with the stock compression and my dished steel valves making it around 11.5-1 and he said it was a touch softer and is now going to the 13.5-1 J&E .Hes going to let me know how it feels in comparison i never had a chance to do back to back comparisons with the stage 1 and the 187 on the dyno most pepole tell me that the 187 produces more power than the stock cam down low and really picks up on top .thanks Kendall

I was just discussing with a friend something I saw or read lately (don't recall which). Basically, the pro's (alledgedly) launch on the limiter in 3rd while modulating the power with the clutch. Pretty cool when you have a Gosselar to replace your clutch/valves/top end every race. In '03, Fonseca TWMX quotes him as saying he launched his 2-stroke in 2nd at WOT modulating with the clutch.

Yep, I just had the same discussion with an A rider at a local track. He says he launches his 450 in 3rd, unless it is a huge up hill then he'll go 2nd, but they never use 1st for anything.