Sign in to follow this  

blue coolant lines

Hey everybody,

I've been noticing around the race track that people are starting to run blue or orange bumpy coolant lines. Anyone heard or know of anything about this? I'm kinda curious to see if they're actually performance enhancing, or just for looks. Either way, it'd be kinda cool to know where to get 'em...

Thx

Coolant is supposed to pick up heat from the motor. I'll buy your argument if its to keep it from picking up heat from the pipe.

Coolant is supposed to pick up heat from the motor. I'll buy your argument if its to keep it from picking up heat from the pipe.

The heat coming off the motor is just radiating heat that's not picked up by the cooling system. In order to keep the coolant cool enough to take the heat out, they should be insulated from any extra heat. Be it cylinder or exhaust pipe.

I wrapped my coolant line that is next to my exhaust pipe with heat shielding tape, as well as the bottom of my radiator.

In the back of the July Motocross Action issue, it shows the Pro Circuit team had dropped their stock hoses in favor of bright blue SS Performance hoses. I have not been able to find any information on SS perforamnce hoses on the internet.