Sign in to follow this  

Are S front springs longer than E springs?

Ordering new front and rear springs. I was told that the S takes longer springs up front than the E. Is that true? Maybe I misunderstood what they were telling me.

300lbsgorilla, How long are your stock springs? Or, did the package of new springs have a length on them? Also, what year is your bike? Mine is an 03.

Thanks for any help. I'm trying to get the springs in ASAP to install before the weekend Shenandoah 500.

I have the 2000E which has the same as 2002 and later s models (so I was told no first hand experience on it). The spring was "spring for a showa shock" and pick rate $109.95. the part number for the fork springs I got was 43510 for $109.95. Both were perfect fit drop in replacements. I was even paranoid enough to actually measure the old and the new once I got them out.

Just got back form a ride a bit ago. Boy night and day difference. I actually feel like I am riding higher.

Well, you almost gave me a measurement. I got mine out after my last post. The old ones must be 574mm, because mine in the 2003 are 511mm. I placed my order.