Sign in to follow this  

Offroad fuel survey

Have any of you been contacted about this? The survey was supposed to be completed last year but that didn't happen.

"California State Parks has contracted with the independent research firms of ICF Consulting and True North Research to conduct the study. As part of this study, recreational fuel use log books are being sent to randomly selected California households requesting they record the amount of gasoline used when they drive off paved roads on public land for recreational purposes, or to access recreational activities such as hiking, biking, boating, rock climbing, camping, etc."

Ride on

Brewster

Hopefully they're going to move the tax monies charged on the fuel to make improvements to the roads at the OHV parks, wishfull thinking...

Not me. :applause:

What do they have in mind? What is the point of the study? :banghead:

California already gets federal gas tax money to be used for off highway projects. This survey will help determine how much of that money the OHV division can use for OUR benefit.

I'm sorry that I'm a bit cloudy on the subject, but I believe that it is part of the fed. Recreational Trails Program (RTP). The feds give the money to our Parks and Rec. department for allocation.

Ride on

Brewster

California already gets federal gas tax money to be used for off highway projects. This survey will help determine how much of that money the OHV division can use for OUR benefit............

Ride on

Brewster

No wonder no one ever saw the log books for the study. :banghead:

Would be a good idea if someone would order a forensic accounting of all the monies generated and where it goes.

Would be a good idea if someone would order a forensic accounting of all the monies generated and where it goes.

The California State Auditor finished an audit of the OHV division about 5 weeks ago. Here's their findings:

http://www.bsa.ca.gov/pdfs/reports/2004-126.pdf

Their conclusion is what we (OHV people) have known for years. Very little of the money is going to enhance our activity.

Ride on

Brewster