Sign in to follow this  

ultimate dualsport route through WA? Any ideas?

i MIGHT have a couple weeks coming up to try a big dualsport run. Anybody mapped out a great two week ride? I want to stick to F.S. roads and single track as much as possible, but my bike is setup for anything, so a little Cment wont kill me. Where to start? I want to cover maximum amount of ground, all over the state if possible. I would be travelling alone, so i cant get into the super hairy single track. I will also be carrying my gear with me, so hotels arent needed, but gas every 80 miles is. Im just in the planning stages, so all input is wanted. I know somebody has done this, but i havnt heard about any good routes.

i MIGHT have a couple weeks coming up to try a big dualsport run. Anybody mapped out a great two week ride? I want to stick to F.S. roads and single track as much as possible, but my bike is setup for anything, so a little Cment wont kill me. Where to start? I want to cover maximum amount of ground, all over the state if possible. I would be travelling alone, so i cant get into the super hairy single track. I will also be carrying my gear with me, so hotels arent needed, but gas every 80 miles is. Im just in the planning stages, so all input is wanted. I know somebody has done this, but i havnt heard about any good routes.

So your back is good enough to ride again :banghead: There is a guy at this group that does a lot of long runs. He may be able to help you out with some routes. His name is Iain. We also do short rides after work and so on if you want to join in sometimes your more than welcome. here's the link.

http://groups.msn.com/bellinghamdualsportriders

Had my third round of steroid injections two days ago. I feel GREAT compared to the last year and a half.

Im never giving up riding bikes or boards, so i wanna get out and put my neck/back through the paces, see if its REALLY gonna work. If it still hurts, than im getting fused and plated. So i figured what better way to try it out.

Im gonna load real light, just a rain fly/sleeping bag, tools, pistol,GPS, cellphone, dehydrated food, water purifier, and my mini stove. Take my time, if i start to hurt, pull over and camp (I love camping, so this would be just fine). If it gets to bad, my girlfriend will come get me. She's got a xr200, and she's a great rider.

Its either that or take my Hobie Cat to lake Chelan for some fast sailing. Nothing wrong with surfing a Cat at 20 mph. :banghead:

a nice dual sport ride up in AK

Those dont look nice, they look painful!! I think the shortest day was 130 miles, and there were some 250 mile days!!!! :applause: