What would you do in this situation?

Here is the frustrating situation.

I purchased something from a member here, had a verbal agreement that I was the purchaser etc. He wanted a money order, I didnt feel safe sending as much money as it was over a money order so I tried to figure out other methods (since he didnt accept paypal, or bank transfer).

so finally after nearly a week he remembers he has a paypal account so I pay immedeatly with paypal. Now he says he sold them to someone else and refunded my money.

Now I wouldnt be too angry but I had passed on some other rather good deals for the same item in the meantime while I was tryign to figure out a way to pay and kinda got screwed.

What would you do?

I'd be upset myself it that happened to me. A man is only as good as his word, if he knew you were trying to find a way to get him the money then he should have held it for you. I have a similiar situation going on right now where I had to add a different account to my paypal and can't send money until it is confirmed, meanwhile I have someone holding onto something for me. I made sure I contacted him as soon as I knew there was an issue. Did you pay soon after he informed you he had a paypal acct?

Hell yea, I paid the second I got the email confirming his paypal address. I have over 20 emails between us in the time from when I verbally commited to buying them asking him about different forms of safer payment. Now he sends me an email saying I am in the wrong and that I should have expressed him a money order the day after I paid for them with a tracking number etc......maybe my gut feeling about sending money to canada in a money order was right and I woulda gotten screwed out of my almost 700 dollars in the end.

it was Rainman007, I have never ever ever had a problem like this purchasing through ebay, forums, etc. Guess I gotta ask someone here first if they ar ea good person to buy from, I havent been around long enough here to know.

On another forum I frequent we have a buyer/seller feedback post that is just a giant list of feedback on everyone in transactions.

And it wasnt nearly a week, whole transaction took 2 days from I want them to paid, and he told me I took to long. looking at the whole thing afterwards, his number of posts, etc, it just stinks of a scam that I thankfully avoided.

Oh well, at least I got my money back.

Excuse me for asking this, but did you get all your money back, or did you end up loosing money to PayPal in various charges.

I only ask as I have had money returned to me by the TT shop (goods never arrived) and what was originally a $600 transaction ended up costing me £55.00 (about $95.00). This was because it was sent as a payment, not as a refund.

I am told that PayPal do not do refunds, unless you report the seller for not

sending (or sending duff goods)which in this case I did not want to do.

Neil.

:banghead::applause:?

I got all of it back, had it been a credit card transfer I would not have (or if I was a premium member).

as much as this pissed me off..alot, I guess I did the right thing in insisting some sort of payment that was guaranteed...which paypal is.

Well on to the search for other SM wheels, and sorry to the guys that wanted to buy my stock wheels.

I am the seller of these wheels. I got 3 emails from this Aaron guy telling me "he was not comfortable" sending me the money throught money order. There was no way I was accepting M/C or Visa from him.

I wasnt aware at the time that I had an ATM card to withdraw from Paypal, and when I found out, I emailed Aaron to tell him he could pay me with Paypal.

All along, while he had "bought" these wheels, and not paid, someone else who made an offer earlier, paid me in full. What would u do?

When I received Aarons paypal confirmation by email, I IMMEDIATELY REFUNDED HIM. IF I WAS THE MORON HE IS TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE HERE< I COULD HAVE RIPPED HIM AS THE PAYPAL TRANSACTION WAS NOT LIKE AN EBAY TRANSACTION, HE WOULD HAVE SIMPLY LOST HIS MONEY.

Aarons problem is he is an inexperienced kid, who sooks about spending his hard earned money. IF YOU WANT TO TAKE ANYMORE POKES AT ME KID, MY NAME IS JEFF AND YOU HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER. JUST DONT HIDE BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER AND BLAME SOMEONE ELSE WHEN YOU SCREWED UP,

Jeff