Sign in to follow this  

Speedo Healer for DR-Z400S?

Has anyone tried putting a Speedo Healer on the DR-Z400S yet? I sent them an e-mail and they said that it would probably work if I could find the correct wires to tap into the speedometer, but that they don't have a "plug and play" for it. If not the speedo healer, has anyone else been able to find something to fix the speedo inaccuracy?

A speedo healer will not work on a DRZ as it has a cable driven speedo.

Inside the housing is a disc driven by the cable which has a hole in it, this is read by a light emitting diode.

You could try playing with the size of the disc or the position of the hole in it.

I often use a GPS navigator and have noted the error 10 %.

I just travel at the speed limit +10%.

And yes I did mean 33-mph through the speed trap, or 66-mph or even 77-mph.

Even in this Speed Camera obsessed land it has not got me in trouble in nearly 7000 miles, this year alone.

Neil. :banghead::applause:🤣

Has anyone tried putting a Speedo Healer on the DR-Z400S yet? I sent them an e-mail and they said that it would probably work if I could find the correct wires to tap into the speedometer, but that they don't have a "plug and play" for it. If not the speedo healer, has anyone else been able to find something to fix the speedo inaccuracy?

those are made for speedos with digital pick ups, the DRZ speedo is a mechanical speedometer with a digital display. the only way to correct or change it is to changed the ratio between the wheel and the speedometer.

you could spend lots of time and trouble or just get over i. i think the odo is still fairly accuate, but some more trail oriented folks can correct me on that.

You could make it work if you really wanted to. It has an electric sensor, it's just mounted in the speedo instead of on the bike. Bust it open, solder some wires to the sensor and run it out to the Healer, then run some wires back into the board. I've considered doing this only I would ditch the cable drive all together and mount a sensor on the bike, and build my own calibrator. Then I could set it up so all I have to do is flip a switch when swapping the dirt tires with the SM rims. Haven't got any dirt tires now which is why I haven't bothered with the speedo yet.