Red excel rims!

I love the look of the red excel rims but a buddy said they fade quickly in the sun and lose thier color. Well, everything fades in the sun but have any of you bought these and like/dislike them (based on color)..?

Has excel remedied these if the early ones faded?

Thanx for the info...

I think from what I hear they turn a pink colour, although, I'd think it would have to be in the sun for a long period to turn quickly. But I think it's like with cars, they used to fade until they did two-pack paint, after that nothing fades. Or so they say, but with good care i'd imagine they should be okay...

I think from what I hear they turn a pink colour, although, I'd think it would have to be in the sun for a long period to turn quickly. But I think it's like with cars, they used to fade until they did two-pack paint, after that nothing fades. Or so they say, but with good care i'd imagine they should be okay...

What's two-pack paint? Do you mean two-stage (Base coat / Clear Coat)?

I have never heard that about the rims. They are some sort of powder coat, I would guess the finish to hold up. And if not, you would think that Excel would take care of it?

ProWheel also makes Red wheels, and from what I have heard they are alot nicer to deal with than Excel if you have a problem down the road. Example, if you break an Excel wheel, they say tough luck. That is what I have been told anyway. ProWheel will send you a new rim. I know that for a fact. I broke a ProWheel 2 weeks ago, I should have a new one this week. I called them, told them about it, and no questions asked, they took down my address and said I would have a new one this week.

I have never heard that about the rims. They are some sort of powder coat, I would guess the finish to hold up. And if not, you would think that Excel would take care of it?

ProWheel also makes Red wheels, and from what I have heard they are alot nicer to deal with than Excel if you have a problem down the road. Example, if you break an Excel wheel, they say tough luck. That is what I have been told anyway. ProWheel will send you a new rim. I know that for a fact. I broke a ProWheel 2 weeks ago, I should have a new one this week. I called them, told them about it, and no questions asked, they took down my address and said I would have a new one this week.

I had the same experience with Pro Wheel, the reason they replaced it no questions asked is cause they are at fault. They had a welder go bad on a bunch of rims and the rims are seperating on the seam. My front rim cracked after one race. I'm happy with the way the took care of it but they couldnt tell me if the new rim they sent came from the same run of bad rims. If you break an Excel, you did something ill.

I had the same experience with Pro Wheel, the reason they replaced it no questions asked is cause they are at fault. They had a welder go bad on a bunch of rims and the rims are seperating on the seam. My front rim cracked after one race. I'm happy with the way the took care of it but they couldnt tell me if the new rim they sent came from the same run of bad rims. If you break an Excel, you did something ill.

Yeah, they also couldn't tell me if my front was going to break. It was the back I broke. They were able to say for sure that the new wheel they are sending me has a good weld. I should probably call them and tell the the front broke and get a new one. Cause I crashed pretty hard when that thing broke, it happened when I landed on a big down hill, the wheel cracked and rebounded me sideways,, it sucked.

The Red fades to pink. There is a guy who now has pink rims with faded purple hubs. His bike looks like a Barbie doll toy. Very gay. Black is the only color that lasts.

agreed but black fades eventually to. Excel will not redo them period -- red,blue. etc.. fade quick and look like crap

If you are Jonesen for red buy the hubs or have them powdercoated. :banghead:

Are excels painted or powdercoated? You can have your stock rims anodized, a buddy of mine had his RM wheels done red and he said they looked pretty good after he put a clear coat on them. You can also have stock hubs anodized, but only do black on stock hubs aftermarket are better for colors. You could also have the stock rims and hubs powdercoated.

Yeah, they also couldn't tell me if my front was going to break. It was the back I broke. They were able to say for sure that the new wheel they are sending me has a good weld. I should probably call them and tell the the front broke and get a new one. Cause I crashed pretty hard when that thing broke, it happened when I landed on a big down hill, the wheel cracked and rebounded me sideways,, it sucked.

I broke the front, I raced with it once. Was getting ready for a race the next weekend when I found the crack, it could have been ugly if I didnt find it! I check both front and back regularly now!

The Red fades to pink. There is a guy who now has pink rims with faded purple hubs. His bike looks like a Barbie doll toy. Very gay. Black is the only color that lasts.

I dribbled my beer down the front of my shirt! :applause: You would think that they would anodize em instead of power coat :banghead:

Red rims lasted about 2 months before going pink. the sand here fades them quick. Bought the gold rims. 6 months and still look great. So far, gold has lasted the longest.

No kidding about the sand, what part of NM are you in?

Sand here kills a few things...

1)chains

2)sprockets

3)nice wheels

I have been looking for that "team suzuki yellow" It's not like the gold, it's like a "flo yellow". I don't think the sand will mess with them to much, If not I'll get black.