Sign in to follow this  

what would you bring?

Whatever wrenches I needed to fit every nut and bolt on my bike-carried in rear fender tool bag

Tubes and air carried on front fender

map of area in case you have to cut out or leave trail

cell phone

money

camelback

run enough air to prevent flats - I've had good luck with 16psi lotsa guys use less

chain breaker and master link

band-aids

zip ties

duct tape or electricians tape

spark plug

camera

I know I've forgotten something. Be careful riding alone. I'd find another lone rider and ride along with him. Sounds like a good ride. Have fun.

first aid kit and more duct tape. a string of prayer beads for when you are stuck and $#&^ed and can't do anything else but sit in the mud and try to figure a way out of the mess you're in.

get a teraflex rear tire...it is designed to run at 0 psi...you'll never even know if you get a flat...use 2 rim locks per tire...it allows you to ride on a flat tire until you can get to a good area to change it... they offset themselves on the highway and your tires ride smoother.

spare electrical wire

connectors

fuses

spare brake/clutch lever

electrical tape

duct tape duct tape duct tape

safety wire

sparkplug

change out most of the small bolts on your bike to the same head (allen or 6mm) = less tools

go over bike and tighten/locktight every bolt

get bike shorts for monkey butt prevention

grease butt before ride for monkey butt prevention

carb energy bars

toilet paper (run over roll w/ car makes it compact)

paper towels

rain gear

chapstick

the list could go on and on...good luck! :banghead: Andrew

I signed up for the Caney fork ride on friday. I would love to ride with you sometime up there. Thanks for the help fellas.

lots of riding in there.better hope its dry I rode the spring one .started raining right after the start then the fog came in only could see about 10 ft.give up about half way went back and finished the next week.let me know if you want a prerun. :banghead: