KTM / Husaberg Guys : ANYONE HAVE A Motomaster SM302R Race Kit Bracket!!!

Any of you Husa / KTM guys have a Motomaster Race Brake kit on your SM conversion? Or even better one not installed? I am in desperate need of a Motomaster SM302R bracket……

I ordered a bracket from Motostrano with the White Brothers part number 45-2394 (they had it on hand) per the WB catalog but apparently they made a big boo boo when they made the catalog and listed this part as fitting all the KTMs when in reality 45-2394 is an SM301R bracket which only fits very few older KTM models. Freakin Idiots!!!!!?

The SM302R bracket fits all the modern KTMs and is the one I need. There is no White Brothers part number for it even and it looks like Motostrano doesn’t have any on hand.?

I can get one but it’s at least a couple weeks out and I am trying to get one by race weekend (Oct. 7th). ?

If anyone has one they could let me buy or borrow or whatever. Or if you know who has them in house please let me know. I haven’t tried ECW yet I was gonna call them tomorrow.

Alternatively could anyone dimension out the bracket mounting holes / depth for me? X-Y-Z

Appreciate any help. :applause::banghead:

Thanks,

Nate

Isn't it 4 holes (2 threaded) in a flat piece of alu? Get a piece of 6061-T6 and make one.

You have the bolt spacing on the cal and the fork. The only things to determine are the thickness of said plate and the distance between the two hole patterns.

To get the hole spacing:

Simply place the caliper on the rotor so the full face of the pads are grabbing it and the caliper doesn't "bottom out" on the edge of the rotor. Use a piece of card stock as a pattern.

To get the width/offset:

Measure the distance between the fork leg and the rotor. Place the caliper on the rotor and center it. Measure the offset between the mounting surface on the cal and the rotor. Subtract.

If you don't have access to a mill, buy a piece that's close to the thickness you need (prolly ~ .5") and shim w/ washers or shim stock.

-Tyler

PS: A set of transfer punches will simplify the job.

PPS: I've got a complete Moto Master set-up for sale. http://seattle.craigslist.org/mcy/98692909.html

You're going to have to do a wierd spacer set-up using the MotoMaster Bracket with the Shivers.

The Shivers are spaced the same as the OEM KTM caliper bracket, but require spacers to make the caliper line up with the rotor.

I wasn't fond of the way things worked, so I went with a Brembo caliper and a caliper adapter from Factory Pro.

--Fillmore