Sign in to follow this  

BR offroad/mx race

Well we took a chance on the rain holding out and it did for the most part, just got a heavy drizzle from time to time. What an awesome race, we raced on trails I didn`t even know existed at Buffalo. Started on the clay track then off into the forest on the north side of the park. Then through what seemed like a 1/4 mile of creek bed through some more woods, back onto the mx track at the final two tabletops. Through the parking lot into the woods again then onto the sand track. Then more woods and back to the clay track at the small double near the peewee track. It was tough for sure, I was turning 16 minute laps. You could certainly tell after the 2nd or 3rd lap who were mx guys and who were offroad guys. There were an awful lot of guys parked off to the side taking a breather. I raced open C with 22 riders and came in 3rd. I will say that this ONANationals that promotes this was well run and organized. Towards the end the mx track got pretty slick from the drizzle. My 12 year old finished in 7th. They also used the clay and sand track for the 85s. My 7 year old was running in second made the pass for first then got held up by a little four year old peanut on some single line stuff and couldn`t catch back up to pass again. They ran the 50s through some tough stuff also. Some of the uphills I didn`t think his KTM would even make it up. I will definately look into doing more of these ONA races. And man I gotta move up to the B class with the big boys too.

Way to go guys :applause:🤣🤣 The rain did make it a little tougher but it sounds like you had a good time and really that's what it's all about.

If you want a challenge you should try "The Race" this fall. It's in Morrison IL. The course will be about 50 miles long. 🤣 Yes, I said 50 miles. If you want more info go to www.unitedoffroadracing.com The guy that put on the race here is the same one that's doing this race too.

See ya at the races 🤣:banghead:

Way to go spizz, I think there is a group of us guys doing the Sat the race, its easyer, We'll see when we get closer to the date. :banghead::applause: