Sign in to follow this  

Anything close to the Marine base?

I am going to be out at the Marine base in Yuma from 3 Oct - 4 Nov. If you know of any good riding in the area please post some info. :banghead::applause:

I think there is an mx track in yuma, but instead buy yourself a paddle and slap it on your bike as you will be within 30 - 40 mins of glamis and about 20 mins to the imperial sand dunes. October and november is a great time of year to be out riding the dunes :banghead:

and btw....mcas yuma sucks, I was stationed there back in 95 and 96. Do yourself a favor though, and take a trip to algodones mexico, which is like 15 mins away from yuma. Park in the lot right before the border and walk across the border down to the first street and make a right, go up one block and on the left hand side of the road is the taco stand :applause: best tacos I have ever had and they were cheap as hell too, plus they serve some tasty cheap beer with the tacos.

definetly buy a paddle.. you can ride right off the I-8 at the buttercup dunes, maybe 20 minutes away :banghead::applause: . if you have not ridden the dune before.. it will be a VERY nice treat for you my friend.. good luck🤣🤣

Thanks for the info. It looks like the deciding factor for me is that I'm going to have to figure out if I can afford taking the Durango vice the civic. These gas prices are killing me.

depends on what kind of riding you want to do... i live in yuma and i usually go to a place called the "pit" which is out by the 8E exit on the freeway. you can see it from the freeway. I also go out by the road fortuna which is the next exit down the freeway.After you exit on fortuna go left, you will see it right befor eyou cross over the train tracks. its about 3 or maybe 4 miles after making the left. I have not put the paddle back on my bike yet because its still be in the 100s. there is a motocross track here, its called happytrack. www.happytrack.com you can get all the info there, im pretty sure they just opened up again after the summer. thier doing practice on saturdays from 5pm to 10 pm. If you have anymore questioiins PM me