Chest protector for my girl... Help me please....

I know exactly what you are talking about. I actaully ordered a set for those "easy" trail rides. I sent them back cause they didn't fit right and weren't comfy for me. -they were the 2 piece turtle kind- I'm gonna try on the one piece one when the local store here gets them in stock. :applause:

Riding gear is all in the eye of the beholder. The equipment is there if you want it. All I'm saying is that if your gonna get a piece make sure it fits right as they are all made different and if you want/need/should wear one you shouldn't not get one cause "it doesnt match". Thats just silly.

Yeah, it's best when you can find a BIG store with a huge selection. There are dozens of models, as M.A. has been around alot loger than MX.

And I agre 100% about looks vs function.

I never heard of equipment saving life and limb because it looked cool. :banghead:

I wear a Dainese Safety Jacket (under the jersey style). It has a great spine protector, shoulder cups, elbow cups, forearm plates, and a chest plate, kidney belt style strap across the belly, and is really breathable and flexible. I started wearing these for racing downhill mountain bikes originally but now wear them for dirt biking too. I've also found it helps keep the shoulders in socket too. The dainese jacket has saved me some serious hospital bills!

I had a thread on this a while back. All of the protectors I have tried have been too big, or too small, because I have a large chest. So it either sticks straight out, or rides up on me, and I cant look over with my helmet on, SO i havent been wearing one.

i have been pretty lucky so far, but I dont know that I will continue.

Do you think the underjersey style will be with the same issue with a large chest, or do you think I shold loook in that direction.

(Ive never even seen one in person, So i have no idea how the work.)

You should check out dainese.com. They are an italian company so you have to choose the English site and then find their MTB selection. They also make armour for street bike and snow sports. The one I use is called the "saftey" jacket. You can get an idea of how they work and what they look like. They are made of a pretty stretchy material so they fit really well. As far as the bust, I have seen pretty well endowed girls wearing them, I myself am not though so I have no personal experience with that. Hope this helps.

It's actually really vented and breaths quite well. They are a touch on the spendy side but I fell that they are worth every penny. I've walked away from some pretty nasty wrecks without a scratch or bruise on me with the dainese jacket on.

I have a youth size Aftershock, it fits me pretty well since i pretty much flat-chested. the adult size was WAY too big. It should come down the torso a bit more but the overall fit was the best i could find for not shoppin around too much.

I think the lawyers are the one limiting them to roost deflectors. I had a bud that smacked hard on a nasty down hill (probably fell 20ft from time he left the seat til he smacked ground on a old logging trail). Anyway after 20 minutes (get wind back) he was ready to ride, too bad the bike wasn't. He bought the chest protector I loaned him off me soon as we got back to the truck as he was convinced it saved a couple broken ribs at least.

As for womens chest protectors I had a co-worker that tried a thor and it did not fit at all, the bottom edge was sticky almost straight out. The Acerbis fit her great. She did not want the Acerbis at all (wanted Fox or Thor) but 2 minutes after trying it was paid the extra money and bought it.