Sign in to follow this  

CRF 450 triple clamps

Hey anyone ran a 22mm offset triple clamp on an 05-06, I just bought a top and bottom BRP triple clamps with the 22mm offset and they were sweat on the 03 but I just bought a new 05 and am not sure with the axle being pulled back 2mm if the clamps would be to much.

I have them on my '06, but haven't been able to run it with the stock legs yet. I'm running the 22's on '04 legs (on my '06) and it seems fine. Probably turn even better with the relocated axles on the '06. . .

friend of mine just picked up an RG3 20mm offset setup for his 05 crf450. we tested it last week. front end push is almost gone. much more accurate steering in flat corners. now in mid corner you can make a line change with less effort. most importantly, it follows its front tire path a lot better under hard accelaration coming out of flat corners.... :banghead:

bike was no less stable than before.

just orderd a set for my 05 crf250 as well.

only drawback with the 20mm offsets is that you can forget getting to your comp. damping. ride engineering sells those quick adjusters that bolt to the top of the fork cap. thats probably the most logical thing to get with your 20mm offsets. as for the 22's, i dont know?

he's picking up the RG3 linkage today. we are testing it tomorrow at raceway park englishtown nj. :applause:

Run 20s as billyo says.I've had it on my 05 since RG3 released them in Dec.. It is better than my Buddy's 22s, more responsive and you can change lines in mid corner no problem. Just read what was posted above.

True dat! That is why I did not want to go to 20's on the 05. The 22's on the 04 were good but I prefer them on the 05, I feel the bike tracks much better with less front end "wandering".

-Shane