Sign in to follow this  

Flashback, is this sweet or what.

Japan went through a retro-revolution a couple years ago, so it's not uncommon to see guys over here riding old school looking bikes with modern ammenities.

Why the hell did I click on this?

Thanks.

My OCD is gonna have a FIELD DAY with this one.

A guy with a few hudred acres near here had one of these, and I said, "Man! Can I drool on your BIKE!" He smiled that "old guy who has a gearhead" smiles and said, "Sure!" I looked it over and figured it for an '88 that was retro'ed. It was absolutely flawless.I asked "this an '88? '86?" He chuckled, "1970, Sir".

I had no camera, or I'd post it right here.

hey old timer , i think i still have a safari suit to ride one in.......

Looks a lot like the old T100C or even the TR6C. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Nice to see that even Triumph is jumping on the "Adventure Bike" bandwagon....

Cheers,

Mac

Comes with a "bash plate" option! Much needed if anyone trys to off road it. Pretty bike. A little graded dirt road action would be fun if it slides like the old ones did. I know a guy with trophys from the Big Bear and i think Catalina enduros, he broke his leg and hung it up in 1960. I told him bikes are better now but he might trip out seeing a pic of that bike. I want one but for that price I'll take the Husky DP 610.

Not to long ago I had a 76' Honda CL360 scrambler, and it was a awsome bike to ride around on. It had exactly 821 miles when i got it and it showed. The only thing I didn't care for was the side exhaust, I burnt the hell out of my leg a few times and it looks like this new one will do the same!!! I wonder how it will sell for that price though???

Boy, I'd love to have one of these, unless it's got Amal Carbs. Then I might have to think about it a whole bunch. I don't think $8,000.00 is really out of line. Try to buy a P.O.S. Harley or a crotch rocket for that amount. It ain't gonna happen.

Jim

My brother had a Triumph 500 Scrambler like that one.

Pull the badges, paint the tank all black, pull the front fender, and speedo, drop 365cc and you'd have his old bike. Sent him the link.

Too bad they didn't make it with a smaller engine. 865cc and dual shocks, fun!

Looks a lot like the old T100C or even the TR6C. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Nice to see that even Triumph is jumping on the "Adventure Bike" bandwagon....

Triumph has been on the "Adventure Bike" bandwagon since about 1996. It's call the Tiger.

I really like the idea of this new Bonnie Scrambler as a weekend putt-putt kind of bike. Motoring down a 2 lane blacktop, wanna see where that gravel road goes? Not a problem with this bike. I don't want to call it a dual sport bike, since so many thing a DRZ is what dual sport is really. But this could be like dual-sport grande, or something :banghead: