Sign in to follow this  

Crate bikes

Ive herd of people getting bikes still in the crate for cheeper...

Where would i get a bike that is still in the crate?

What all is not together on them?

Is there anything that the shop does for jetting or stuff with the bikes?

cause im thinking of getting one cause il end up taking all the bearings and things apart any way to greese them so it would be a waste of time and money to pay for the shop to do it when im just gunna do it again my self...

thanks

Dude the only thing the shop does is put the front wheel and bars on it then put in gas. everyone greases the bike before we ride it. DEE DEE DEE!

well ok

is there any way i can get a bike still in the crate so i dont have to pay the shop to put those things on... cause they probably charge WAY to much to do it..

also i wouldent say EVERYONE greases the bike before they ride it i know a few who dont touch it untill sumthin goes wrong!

motorcycle brokers sells you a Canadian bike with a Canadian MSO. Be carefull about where you live because it can make getting a title VERY difficult. Took me a year and half to get mine straightened out.

I brought my YZF home in a box, but the dealer didn't like it. He also never gave me anything off the price. It is fun to do (not very hard either) but watch out for the SHARP SHARP edges in the crate! You could cut your hand right off.

Hey

i tried the # for TT bike sales..no answer and no answer on email...oh well. let me know if you ordered on this site before and how your experience was..can you pick the bike up...the area code is NH...thanks.

Nice, I never knew TT sold bikes, and they are cheaper than where I work.

I might have to look into a new '06 KX250f, :banghead:

Besides shipping, are there any other fees to pay from TT (tax, registration, sticker, etc.)?

The TT OEM store looks a lot like the GenerationMX site (www.generationmx.com) which has been selling U.S. bike at wholesale for a few years. You should check them out, you get oem parts at wholesale+ as well.

I doubt you will get much savings taking it home in a crate from a local dealer. The "setup" fee ranges from 35 - 150 depending on dealer, so you should definately beat them up to make sure it is on the low end or even waived.

Personally I like to take them home in the crate so I can disassemble, grease, reassemble, and I know that nothing was over-tightened or stripped (I have actually had a dealer deliver a unit with a stripped axle pinch bolt!)

I just ordered the 2006 kx250f from thumpertalk last night, I am going to be picking it up next weekend. Ill let you know how it goes.

I just ordered the 2006 kx250f from thumpertalk last night, I am going to be picking it up next weekend. Ill let you know how it goes.

how'd it work out?

Wow, the experience with oem thumpertalk was awesome. The bike was delivered in the crate in perfect condition. Harry from thumpertalk was very nice, honest, and trust worthy. The bike came by the date that was promised. It couldn't have been a smoother transaction. Not to mention $5499 otd is a deal!

On another note, the bike HAULS. That's speaking from someone who is coming off an 04' kx250. Very fast, turns great, and the suspension was awesome all around. No regrets, no problems, great bike. Ill get some pictures up later tonight.

How does the title work when ordering from thumpertalk? I'll probably order my bike from them this winter. They insure the bike when they ship it i suppose, correct?