Sign in to follow this  

spring ungrade does it always =valve upgrade

o.k i have a question regardind spring rates and dampening valve changes.

if i was to go from your standard rate springs to a heavier spring.

and i have enough adjustment in my rebound dampening to compensate for the heavier spring.

is there a need to change my valving?

meaning if my bike is factory sprung for a 75kg rider and im 85kg, so i install heavier suspension springs and my rebound dampening has enough adjustment to compensate the extra rebound force.

would my suspension theoretically have as good as performance for me as it would for :banghead: the 75kg guy with the standard suspension suited to his weight.?

therefore if your changing spring rates is there always a need to change your dampening stacks? :applause:

this maybe a simpler way of asking.

as you suspension compresses futher the the stroke the dampening gives more resistance right?

so as the suspension absorbs the shock, depending how fast the suspension has to react to absorb the shock a certain amount of oil flows through your valves.

this certain amount of oil is controlled by the vavle and shim stack in the vavle.

man this is hard to explain.

if you make clicker adjustments will the resistance of the dampening stay relatively similar through the stroke of the suspension,

therfore giving an equaled portioned increase of dampening over the whole travel?

or on a large clicker adjustment would these resistances vary of the range of the suspension stroke :banghead: to much thus needing revalving? :applause: