Sign in to follow this  

Clicker settings for 520 (EXC) 02

Hi all,

Just bought a 520 EXC and went for a long ride through the hills, came home with sore wrists from jarring and the front end seems harsh.

I have reset the clicker settings to standard, can anyone offer some advice on where they would recommend?

I am 6' and 92KGs, so I know the springs could be upgraded, but I don't have the $$$ right now.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Sounds like maybe your bike has already been resprung or had the weight/level of the fork oil changed. The stock forks with the stock settings should feel a little soft at your weight, not harsh. :banghead:

Sounds like maybe your bike has already been resprung or had the weight/level of the fork oil changed. The stock forks with the stock settings should feel a little soft at your weight, not harsh. :banghead:

I agree. I went with the heavier springs and backed out the clickers until I found the sweet spot. The stock springs were way too soft. I'm 6' 225 lbs. I also have the 02 520 EXC.

No, the fella I bought the bike off had it from new, and it was even softer on the clickers (than standard) when I first got it. But I have only just adjusted back to square 1 so I can start adjusting.

What settings do/did you lads run on your standards, can you remember?

Thanks,

Tim

No, the fella I bought the bike off had it from new, and it was even softer on the clickers (than standard) when I first got it. But I have only just adjusted back to square 1 so I can start adjusting.

What settings do/did you lads run on your standards, can you remember?

Thanks,

Tim

'02 EXC and MXC have the same suspension - just remember, your results may vary widely! :banghead: Look here: mxc400/colorado